Welcome to Gaia! ::

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Back to Guilds

This is a writer's guild where all can gather for feedback and advice on all mediums of writing. Plus it's a great place for conversation. 

Tags: Writing, Writer, Writer's Block, Critiques, Friends 

Reply Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild
So what now?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

We live
  as we dream...
View Results

in the flicker.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:17 pm
"So what now?"
Now we...kiss and make up. (That was right, right?)
"No, James, it's not that simple. Not that easy."
Why not?
"What you did--"
I never did anything. He left me. I did not leave you. (Don't get angry)
"That's not the point."
Actually...I think that's pretty important. (Don't get angry)
"You could have saved me."
No, no I couldn't...You're the one who...
"Yeah, I did, but I can't even remember why." (So?) "James, it's so cold here. We didn't fix anything."
So it was for nothing, then. You shot yourself for nothing.
"...yes."

---------
You know, Zahmen's "What they think of Damien" really made me wonder what my characters would say about me. I mean, I don't have nearly the cool variety of THAT post, but I'm not sure my characters would be all that pleased with me either.

It's interesting to think about.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:20 pm
I had a nice chat with mine, and they hate me. 4laugh

This was good! I LOVED the way you set this up!

But I was too confused.  

KirbyVictorious

NovaKing

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:25 pm
I'm afriad I see too much of me in my characters for my stories to endow me with enough desire to talk to them.

I already talk to myself enough.

[notably I'm impartial to my characters; servent only to the story.][What that says about me, I cannot say.]  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:36 pm
thanks Kirbs. it's easier to understand if you know the ending to my novel. I'm thinking about making this the beginning of "book two" or whatever. Currently named "An Eternity of"

I think I see a lot of myself in my characters, and I think that might be why so many bad things happen to them xd they're so dysfunctional it's ridiculous, but at the same time, they're pretty normal. I tried really hard to create normal seeming characters, and I think I might have taken it too far, lol.

I just wonder how they would respond if I told them something (seemingly monumental) like "I'm leaving for Texas." or "You're adopted. Your mother didn't want you." or "What do you think about your name?" or even "If you were trapped on a deserted island and could only bring one thing, what would you choose?"

I just wonder what they might say.  

in the flicker.

BlackHawkGS

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:36 pm
I can sort of agree with Nova. Except I have a lot of different sides to my personality, and I exaggerate those to create the personalities of my actual characters. If that makes sense.

As for your piece... I know what James needed to do. Sex. It instantly solves all relationship problems xd  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:43 pm
wow, Hawk. wow.

Oddly enough, I think Elena and James are about the only major characters in my story who do not engage in sex...ever.

maybe that's why she shot herself, and why he's depressed.

well, $5 can go a long way on the street corner, I suppose.  

in the flicker.

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff