Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
The Lord Will Provide Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kiyrugoji

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:52 pm
Koravin

I was not preaching, at you at all. I was talking to Passionate Destroyer *I think that's her name.* Yes, you should be fearful of Him, for He can cast one's soul into an entirnity of fire and pain!

Look, do we fear him, or do we love him? Please make up your mind...

Koravin

I know that sounds distressing and depressing, and it is! For it says "the Path to Heaven is narrow, while the Gate to Destruction is wide." What's that tell you?

Don't go to heaven? It's a b***h to get into? Destruction sounds like a fun-a** frat party.

Koravin

It tells you that not many people will go to Heaven!

Damn, but I was close!

Koravin

But, wouldn't you like to go there! Beleive in the Lord your Father, not in yourself! He has provided, and will provide ever again!

1: No, destruction sounds fun. Like "whee, I'm having fun!" You know, that gland you had removed some years ago?

2: How do I "Beleive"? And I trust myself - I do s**t more than once every millennium.

3: "Will provide ever again?" That sentence doesn't make any sense, until you add an N. "Will provide never again." Hmm, that's creepy.

Anyway, is this person still around?  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:57 pm
mazuac
But, wouldn't you like to go there! Beleive in the Lord your Father, not in yourself! He has provided, and will provide ever again!

I'm SO glad somebody brought this up.

You probably don't even realize what you've referred to but it's actually Pascal's wager! Congratulations, you've insinuated that it's better to believe in a God than to not believe in a God because at least if you believe and you're right you go to heaven , but if you don't and God does exist you go to Hell.

Here's a question: If you're going to hedge your bets and believe just so you might get into heaven, wouldn't you try to believe in the best heaven possible just in case a God does exist? I think the 72 virgins of Islam sound better than the Christian heaven.

Or the inverse: If you want to avoid a terrible fate, wouldn't you want to avoid the worst Hell possible?

Either you're saying it's super easy to change your beliefs on a whim, or you're suggesting that we pretend to believe in God, in which case God is an idiot and we can trick him.  

Rick Dawkins

Dronning Dagmar

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:36 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
and moving on….  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:18 am
Who let the preaching moron inside? NO! The "lord" will NOT provide, as he does not f*cking exist!  

-GS-Sailor Nemesis

Rick Dawkins

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:24 pm
Dronning Dagmar
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
and moving on….

HAHA, that's damn funny. Seriously, this is a forum for atheists or atheist-friendly people who are welcome to discuss and debate. Preaching, witnessing, or proselytizing are all unwelcome, we don't go into your forums trying to tear down your myths - I mean religions.  
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff