Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaia's Official Body Modification Guild

Back to Guilds

Reply Ear Piercings
who has experience with having their ears punched?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Krystal_digitaliS

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:48 am
i want a nice big hole in my left inncer conch annd

i'm pretty sure they have to be dermal punched?

i was just wondering a few things:

1. pain. i know you all say 'if you're afraid of pain you shouldn't be getting the piercing blah blah' bu i don't care, i hear these hurt ALOT and i want some warning >.<

2. Bleeding? i also heard these bleed alot?

3. I get lightheaded -very- easily, can you reccomend some ways to combat this?

4. healing? are salt soaks appropriate? are there any specifics i should know?

5. just how big can i get it punched?

6. please tell me the story of anything you've had punched! I want knowledge, knowledge and more knowledge.

thanks guys!  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:38 am
1. pain. i know you all say 'if you're afraid of pain you shouldn't be getting the piercing blah blah' bu i don't care, i hear these hurt ALOT and i want some warning >.< : My boyfriend got his punched at a 4 and he said the pain really wasn't too bad. Sore during healing, but that's to be expected.

2. Bleeding? i also heard these bleed alot? : Of course the amount of blood depends on a lot of factors, but my boyfriend's conch bled like hell.

3. I get lightheaded -very- easily, can you reccomend some ways to combat this? : Eat something before you show up. Drink a couple glasses of orange juice. Keeping your sugars high is the best way to combat dizziness and/or passing out.

4. healing? are salt soaks appropriate? are there any specifics i should know? : My boyfriend is doing mainly the LITHA method to healing it. He cleans the bloodiness/crustiness off in the shower, but other than that, he just leaves it. I usually find that to be the best method.

5. just how big can i get it punched? : Pretty damn big. 0 is as big as I would go, though.

6. please tell me the story of anything you've had punched! I want knowledge, knowledge and more knowledge. : Well I, myself, have never had anything punched at a large size. I want to get my helix done sometimes soon though. My boyfriend recently got his conch punched at a 4g though. He said it didn't hurt too bad but oh god. The sound the punch made was terrible. Sounded like the piercer literally broke his dermal punch into two pieces. Haha I don't want to scare you but he said honestly the sound is the worst part.

The soreness was minimal and he suggests it to everyone if they want a large gauge cartilage piercing.

He did get in a mosh pit recently though and it bled all over when it got bumped. As long as you don't mind a little blood, you'll be okay.

popcornsharingbox

Ear Piercings

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff