Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Folly of Man
The Rules and Conduct for IC and OOC (Updated 9-6-08)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kain M ShZual
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:26 pm
Read the rules.

I. Follow Gaia TOS. This one's not even in our hands to begin with and ought to be common sense.

II. No instant actions (Moding, forced hits, etc.). I'll give examples just so I NEVER see it, for if I do, I'll personally deal with you.

This is what we want to see:

::Kain would conjure a fireball in to his right palm and throw it at Micah's sternum. A successful hit would cause impact and burn damage::

This would make me inflict pain unto your character:

::Kain would conjure a fireball in to his right palm and throw it in to Micah's sternum, knocking the air from him and burning him::

A word of advice from me to you, my friends:
I've NEVER in my ten years of rotting my brain with this crap seen an attack that couldn't me dodged, nor a defense that couldn't be broken. Think that one over.

III. No Spam. Spamming leads to auto-ban. End of story.

IV. Send profiles to Kain M ShZual and ChainedFallacy via PM with subject "Profile." If getting a simple subject right is too much for you to handle, don't expect good results. If accepted, you'll be notified on the spot and your profile will be posted respectfully.

V. OOC is inevitable, but there is a place for is. If Micah or myself designate specific forums on the main forum board for it, feel free to use them. Both the Faction and HEC sub-forums have specific topics just for OOC. if I see it anywhere else, it'll be ripped from the topic on the spot and you can expect me chewing you out.

VI. Don't use neon (hard-to-read) colors. Don't make it so small we're two inches from the screen to read it, nor so large we're backing from the screen to read it. Posts should describe two things PER usual post: Character's Position and Character's Action. One paragraph (five sentences) will be the minimum, given that less than that wasn't worth posting to being with. Members are to be literate and prove their grammatical skill.

Another hint: Entering a character in to a new area will give you a third thing to describe: Appearance. So long as you live up to what you're required to post, you'll never really run in to a problem.

VII. No one gives anyone else a hard time. If you want to have it out with someone OOC, do it in PMs. We WILL respect one another and show maturity as is a RULE and LAW to being a member of this guild. Don't abide by it? GET OUT.

A word of advice: If you have a problem, inform the Mods. We're here FOR THAT REASON. Don't take it in to your own hands. If it's serious enough, take it up with the GAIA Mods. NEVER give us a hard time --- we'll never give you a reason to.

VIII. You MUST submit Registration Cards WITH your profile. This is to avoid having to use more than the necessary space on our accounts to hold your info and so we don't need to ask you for one or the other. It's not that hard if you're not lazy.

IX. POST IN PROPER THREADS. If you're in ANY sort of building, I'd best not see a post dealing with such in the Forest thread. If you're walking along the beach, it better not be in the HEC Library/Cafe. These posts will be deleted without any notice.

Helpful hints:
I. To keep track of posts, note the DATES of each.
II. When entering a new forum, MAKE AN ENTRANCE POST.
III. When exiting from one forum to another, make it clear you're character's leaving that area and if you want people to know where you're going, MAKE IT CLEAR.

X. Do NOT double-post. If you're not sure what double posting is, it's quite simple: In any particular forum, I'd best not see one person posting directly after themselves! Doing as such will lead to deletion.

Note: Rule X. only applies to two consecutive posts from the same individual playing the same character that do not involve switching forums. The exception: If the individual is ENTERING the forum, thus gives an entrance post, he may NOT then give a second post immediately after that.

XI. Please have at least high school level grammar. This means no abbreviated and/or "1337" posts. It also means your post had best be at least a paragraph (usually three lines minimum when posting) in order to be considered a post. If it's anything less than that, you'll be either:

A.) Warned. In order to warrant this, the RP MUST NOT CONTINUE beyond your post. If it does, then refer to B.
B.) Deleted. End of story.

Finally: ALWAYS KEEP UP ON EACH THREAD. Who knows what important thing might be going on here or there. Ignorance was the reason I was able to destroy the Faction H.Q. without any interference. DON'T LET IT HAPPEN AGAIN! God knows I'll try again. ^-^

These rules are honestly mild compared to other guilds, people. I pretty much just spent half an hour posting common sense and mild logic to you as a REMINDER if you somehow get stuck. Don't be pricks to one another OOC. RP. Be aware of your surroundings. And for the sake of the Holy Man: HAVE FUN!  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:01 am
Bravo i love this.

ChainedFallacy
Captain

Kain M ShZual
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:59 pm
I'm glad you do...writing it was easy enough but I hate the fact that Gaia auto-scrolls to the top after you use coding...made bold-ing, underlining and coloring things a pain in the a**. What should of taken ten minutes at most took half an hour...so again, I'm glad you like and apparently agree with the rules. I believe even the dim-ist of idiots could make sense of the wording, but only time will tell I suppose.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:15 am
This is an outrage! Is this kind of organization not the very thing that the one who wrecked our guild detested? How is doing it again any different from having left us to do our own thing? It seems my half-brother left for no reason at all, now...Yet...As mentioned, saying it changes nothing, so what am I to do, but just follow Tori, and keep on? It's sad, but I guess nothing can be done. Sorry if this is in anyone's way.  

King Raem

Kain M ShZual
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:02 pm
Zacky T
This is an outrage! Is this kind of organization not the very thing that the one who wrecked our guild detested? How is doing it again any different from having left us to do our own thing? It seems my half-brother left for no reason at all, now...Yet...As mentioned, saying it changes nothing, so what am I to do, but just follow Tori, and keep on? It's sad, but I guess nothing can be done. Sorry if this is in anyone's way.

By all means, and this is for all members: If you've a problem, please bring it up with me or Micah. If you bring it up with me, know I check the guild twice a day so you will get a response usually within the same day. If you have a problem with one or more of the rules, LET US KNOW. We're not here to dictate, we're here to set guidelines and give this some organization to try and make our MEMBERS lives easier. Keeping track of things is actually a pain in the a** for us (usually me...) but we try and make things as easy as possible for you. Instead of going on rants, I'd ask you post something in the suggestion box, PM me with a complaint, or post something like this BUT with some sort of explanation 'cause Zacky, I have NO idea what the hell you mean. Thank you in future reference.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:37 pm
As of September 03, 2008 at 11:30 PM (whatever the hell time zone Colorado falls under...), rule "X" or "10" was added given I'm sick and tired of seeing it done!

If you're wondering why it's bold: Gaia's coding system wants to throw a fit at the moment and not let me do a word or two and underline, so I get a big dramatic rule.  

Kain M ShZual
Vice Captain

Folly of Man

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces