Do you know how to swim ?
  Yes
  No
  Kinda
  I sink like a rock
View Results

sloweiser

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:19 pm
I guess most people that are from California know how to swim. It just trips me out when I hear about people drowning because they did't know how to swim !!! Its fairly easy. Dog paddling is very easy !! Or rolling on your back and floating ? I don't know, am I wrong ? If you know how, was it hard for you to learn ?  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:33 pm
I want to get one of those south park style plastic surgeries where they turn me into a dolphin so I can swim all day smile I think I learned when I was born.  

Rutalia

CelticPrincessMe

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:59 am
I love to swim. I don't remember it being too hard to learn. It was either swim or drown basically...lol!  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:02 am
I love swimming. I learned when I was like 5 or so. my dad threw me in the deap end of the pool and he had to save me from drowning. Then I just randomly learned how and in a week or so I could swim fine.  

Broken_Wingless

Rutalia

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:34 am
I think it's maybe a little easier than riding a bike but along the same lines... you just need to do it and get comfortable with it a couple of times before you learn. Especially adults who are afraid of the water and can't swim.. it's just a matter of them being in water without pressure of swimming before they get comfortable with it and learn. People only drown from a lack of knowledge of swimming because they panic and things like dog paddle don't enter their brains.

that's just my opinion, I could be wrong.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:49 pm
heh... when i was little and learning how to swim, my dad got really mad at me since i was very stubborn, he through into the pool, and i sank.... my dad thought that he had killed me, but lo and behold, i was just swimming underwater! he did not even have to teach me... my mom just said that he was the best teacher ever and my dad and i never talked about that again... very funny XD  

narutorocks1109
Crew

Mint Suicide

2,100 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:47 pm
Yea it was the same for me almost (narutorocks) lmao then we had the stupid vacumn that sucked the stuff out from the little filter thingy and i was being sucked across the water so i had to go to the sides and stuff  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:08 pm
I started swimming when I was still a baby. They say it's natural for infants. But I've met people, even people who fish for a living who can't swim. Crazy.  

otterpus

sloweiser

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:44 am
Rutalia
I think it's maybe a little easier than riding a bike but along the same lines... you just need to do it and get comfortable with it a couple of times before you learn. Especially adults who are afraid of the water and can't swim.. it's just a matter of them being in water without pressure of swimming before they get comfortable with it and learn. People only drown from a lack of knowledge of swimming because they panic and things like dog paddle don't enter their brains.

that's just my opinion, I could be wrong.

You are so right !!! Panic is a death sentence...  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:21 pm
yea... i mean its common sense... just float on ur back... or maybe dog paddle.. really ez.. u dont need to be albert einstein to know that.  

narutorocks1109
Crew

Rutalia

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:36 am
narutorocks1109
yea... i mean its common sense... just float on ur back... or maybe dog paddle.. really ez.. u dont need to be albert einstein to know that.

lol yeah .. but I think when you're like surrounded by water and never been in it before and start gettign scared and the only thing you need to do is ... hold still and move your arms.. well you're not thinking about that you know what I mean? you're just freaking out and your logic shuts down  
-The Guild's Main Forum.

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games