Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!

Back to Guilds

Reply The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!
Share and Enjoy

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

wingnut the improbable

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 7:22 pm
I have decided to go on a bold, noble, splendid and worthwhile quest: to learn how to say "Share and Enjoy" in as many languages as possible. Why not? I mean, if someone complains to me about some apparently useless thing, wouldn''t it be cool to be able to say "Share and Enjoy" in say, Portuguese? I can only say it in English, Italian, French, and German,so I was wondering: if anyone knows how to say "Share and Enjoy" in any languages other than English, could they type out the approximate pronounciation for me?

EDIT: Perhaps I should learn how to say "don''t panic", too? I don''t know, it might be too much work.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 8:14 pm
I don't know, but that is a real cool idea.  

Daska

Super Radical

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 1:53 pm
Thats really hoopy.

In my freshmen year of high school (I'm a junior now) I learned how to say "Don't Panic" in spanish. That and "No Se" were the only things I could say after 3 years of it. Btw "No Se" means "I don't know" or "I don't understand", now I just have to learn how to say "Wheres the Tea?".

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 1:11 am
Please help me.

"Share and enjoy" is the Sirius-Kybernetic-Corp.-Commercial on the TV-series. isn't it?
Cos I can't find it in the book's german edition.

Literally translated it means: "teilen und sich freuen"

For any advice how to pronounce the words just visit dict.leo.org, that's a gorgeous website, used by nearly every german Gaia-User.  

Achates

Lupe_Oceana

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:01 am
As soon as I can find my Spanish dictionary I'll figure it out...
Maybe to be as totally geeky as possible I should learn to say it in Elvish.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:58 am
Achates
Please help me.

"Share and enjoy" is the Sirius-Kybernetic-Corp.-Commercial on the TV-series. isn't it?

For any advice how to pronounce the words just visit dict.leo.org, that's a gorgeous website, used by nearly every german Gaia-User.

Thanks!

"Share and Enjoy" is the motto for the Sirius Cypernetics Corp.'s complaints department. I believe it's mentioned in The Restaurant at the End of the Universe.  

wingnut the improbable

mcm

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 8:04 pm
wingnut the improbable
Achates
Please help me.

Thanks!

"Share and Enjoy" is the motto for the Sirius Cypernetics Corp.'s complaints department. I believe it's mentioned in The Restaurant at the End of the Universe.

I thought 'share and enjoy' was what the nutrimatic burbled atfer it put out the beverage specifically created using a synthesized taste bud blah blah blah...  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 10:17 pm
mcm

I thought 'share and enjoy' was what the nutrimatic burbled atfer it put out the beverage specifically created using a synthesized taste bud blah blah blah...
It is, but it is also the moto for the coporation. They have their own song, it is hilarious.  

Daska

Achates

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:52 am
Daska
mcm

It is, but it is also the moto for the coporation. They have their own song, it is hilarious.

At my company we have management-cosultants. I hope their disease is not contagious. But I think I'll be immune against it, thanks to Douglas's Hitchhiker.
I'll check the reaturant on weekend, by an gallop through that book.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 8:09 am
Daska
mcm

I love the song. I nearly died laughing when I first heard it.  

wingnut the improbable

Lullabee

Timid Elocutionist

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 1:26 am
?Que?
?Donde esta el te?
No se.
!Yo soy Arthur en espanol!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:44 pm
Gyakuten no Megami
?Que?
?Donde esta el te?
No se.
!Yo soy Arthur en espanol!
?Que quiere decir donde esta el te?  

Clockwork Sun

Merlinssister

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 2:57 am
Just a thought, if you're doing it in every single language you should learn it in pig latin. I think it's areshay andway enjoyway, I'm not sure though. In swedish chef it's shere-a und injuy. xd  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 6:52 am
wingnut the improbable
I have decided to go on a bold, noble, splendid and worthwhile quest: to learn how to say "Share and Enjoy" in as many languages as possible. Why not? I mean, if someone complains to me about some apparently useless thing, wouldn''t it be cool to be able to say "Share and Enjoy" in say, Portuguese? I can only say it in English, Italian, French, and German,so I was wondering: if anyone knows how to say "Share and Enjoy" in any languages other than English, could they type out the approximate pronounciation for me?

EDIT: Perhaps I should learn how to say "don''t panic", too? I don''t know, it might be too much work.
Wow, that's a cool idea.
I'm studying Japanese, but I don't know what "share and enjoy" would be.
I just started...
sweatdrop
If I find out, though, I'll be sure to tell you!

[-Mandark-]

The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games