Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Republican Guild of Gaia [A Big Tent Republican Guild]

Back to Guilds

A Political-Debate Guild Aimed at Republican Users. 

Tags: republican, conservative, debate, politics, moderate 

Reply The Republican Guild of Gaia
if you can vote..

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Future president
  Rudy
  Cox
  Brownback
  Ron Paul
  McCain
  Romney
  Keyes
  Huckabees
  Hunter
  Thompson
View Results

Odin210

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:16 pm
who are you voting for? I live in california and am an absontee voter so i already votd..for Mike Huckabee..who are you voting for?  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:16 pm
Odin210
who are you voting for? I live in california and am an absontee voter so i already votd..for Mike Huckabee..who are you voting for?

MI for me, I can't vote because I'm only 16, but I'm split between Huckabee and Romney, though I just found out that Romney has questionable prolife stances, he had a prochoice governors cabinet in Massachusetts... so more for Huckabee at this point in time.  

Mousers09

Kira84

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:41 pm
I was going to vote for Thompson, now I like Hunter best but he has zero chance of winning, so Romney it is.

Romney admitted openly that he ran for governor with a pro-choice stance, but he also said that he changed his position while in office and no one has disputed that he has a pro-life voting record. I'm willing to attribute that to a genuine change in position, rather than a flip-flop of the Kerry variety. Frankly, I think liberals are just looking for a chance to use that term against a Republican at this point. As revenge, or something.

Edit:
Huckabee
“One of the great challenges facing us is that we do not commit the same mistakes with our growing Hispanic population that we did with African Americans 150 years ago and beyond. We’re still paying the price for the pathetic manner in which this country handled that… I think, frankly, the Lord is giving us a second chance to do better than we did before.”

– Former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee at a meeting of
the Political Animals Club in Little Rock, Arkansas, December, 2006

Source

That's why I don't like Huckabee.

Also check out ontheissues.org. It's one of the more useful political sites that I've heard about. It has an overview of all the candidates and their positions on a variety of issues.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:39 am
I would vote for Romney if I could.  

Tessa23031

stareyed_in_LA

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:53 pm
Huckabee. I'm quite excited about this election because I'm going to be 18 in August and elgible to vote.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:38 pm
stareyed_in_LA
Huckabee. I'm quite excited about this election because I'm going to be 18 in August and elgible to vote.
then you had better register the day you turn 18 like i did  

Odin210

Kira84

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:34 pm
Odin210
stareyed_in_LA

You don't actually have to be eighteen to register to vote. You just have to be eighteen by the time of the next general election in November. A friend of mine registered several months ago, and just turned eighteen about a week ago.

Although even if you're registered, you won't be able to vote in any election until you're eighteen. But this could be convenient for if there's a local election soon after your birthday, or something. You wouldn't have to wait the twenty-nine days.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:07 am
Odin210
stareyed_in_LA

You can register 1month before you turn 18!  

Mousers09

WayneRitz

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:30 pm
ROMNEY ALL THE WAY!!!  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:48 am
I'm not sure who I'm going to vote on. I'm registered but as an Independent because I don't totally agree with one political part or the other. All I know for sure is that I don't want Clinton or Obama in office.  

Kobeyashi Maru

4,050 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0

[Ish-Kabibble]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:20 am
Well, that's right, well I may have faked it...

If I were able to vote, I'd vote for Romney.

I like his character as well as his value system. I think it's childish that people hold the fact that he's a Mormon over his head. When someone has the same ideas to better our country, why not forget the fact that his religion is a bit scandalous and vote for him?

My religion teacher and I got into a big debate over this. He said he'd never vote for a Mormon because he's a Mormon.

I called him a bigot. :]

...and I wouldn't be caught dead in this place.

Click...? Pweese?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:17 pm
I don't. Religion can hold a huge impact over a person's life and descisions, but a Mormon wouldn't be the worst that can happen to America.  

Garrett31212

The Republican Guild of Gaia

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff