Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Helpdesk (Quick Questions and Assistance)
A question on monsters.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gopher dude

Questionable Lover

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:49 pm
Now since this is the help desk or question whatever I have a few questions...or whatever.

First of all I want to ask somthing about demons. Can they take a physical manifestation? (you know like with the floating head or the demonic looking animal thing) Or is it just the usual possesion gibberish?

The next thing I want to know is about vampires. Now when people use the term vampire I assume they don't mean the monster that "borrows blood without asking" or do they? Are they're vampires around? Or is it just this um..I can spell the first word but they're energy vampires. Are energy vampires monsters? Or do they just suck up things that don't kill people, and if they are monsters is there anything special about them? You know like the fable things they tell about regular vampires.

The second last thing I want to ask is about ghosts..can you get rid of a ghost? Will a ghost make some sort of physical manifestation? If it does and you manage to get rid of it does it leave behind some sort of residue or "corpse". The only thing I've ever heard that gets rid of ghosts more or less is the same for demons. You put up sutras (did I spell that right), or you walk around and splash holy water on things and read from the bible or rattle your beads or whatever.

Now the last thing I want to ask is about just regular monsters...are they you know..about? Can a person hear rumors of unusual civil behavior then go out and find someones a werewolf or somthing?

alright questions over awnsers begine please and thank you. I'm not trying to sound like an idiot or being offensive I'm just asking because I want to know...also if I could kill a demon and get a part of it..that would make an amazing trophy...I'm just saying.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:17 pm
Ok well i dont know how well i will answer this because im pretty new but i think i do know some of the answers.

For the first question (i think) they can show themselves to people physicly if the person is sensitive to paranormal activity. If there is a demon and they do want possesion they will go for the weak... anyways even if you cant see them you can feel a presence about them like a bad/not normal energy. So really they can take semiphysical (because i dont think they are solid or what not) forms but unless they are specificly going after you or like where you live and if you arnt to sensitive you probobly wouldnt be able to see it.

Ok next question... I dont really know much about vampires at all other then the steriotype so i cant help you to much but i bet there will be someone else who can... heres what i know vampires come from ancient times and i do believe people still are vampires or some people still possess some vampire blood in them. There are energy vampires too. These are beings or people or whatever that steal energy from people like you probobly already knows. I dont know if they are technicly monsters because some people dont even know they are doing it so its not like people really always know that they are stealing the energy around them. There are shields that can ward off people taking your energy even if they are doing it unintentenally. I know that probobly didnt help but i know there are people on here that can help more with this. I hope this helped a little though... now moving to the next question

Ok Now for your third question. Yes you can get rid of a ghost and its like demons you may or may not be able to see them depending on your abilities or situation. When you do get rid of it i dont think it would leave anything behind... them leaving is just them letting go of their earthly home and moving on so they would probobly just take whatever with them. Ok now for the last thing on this you REALLY want to be carful if you are dealing with an angry spirit or demon. By splashing holy water and reading from the bible you can seriously anger whatever you are dealing with and that will make it worse sometimes. If it is a demon they will most likely get really pissed off that you are trying to repel it with, well, its enemy. So you really want to be careful with that technice. This also might be bad for an angry ghost because it may not want to leave the place yet. But there are other ways to get rid of them... I dont know specifics but specilized help is a lot of help unless you are very good with contacting spirits. If you can then you can contact them and see what is keeping them here and see if you can get them to move on and leave the house. You also want to be careful with that though...

Ok for your last answer im not really sure at all... I know that some people are capable of shapeshifting (like sometimes seeming invisible to some people) but i dont know about other monsters... so i hope someone else can answer that for you.. sorry >.<

I hope i helped at least a little ^^ good luck with getting the answers and learning and what not ^^  

haine13

Rustig

4,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:52 pm
Well, my opinions on this matter will probably count for little since they're pretty second-hand - just as a prior warning.

1) I'm pretty sure that demons can't take a fully physical manifestation, but they can be "seen" in the same way you "see" colours when you press down on your eyes over your eyelids. They're not physically out there, but you can see them nonetheless.
2) I think energy vampires probably exist (it shouldn't be too hard to take energy from someone), but I'm not sure that taking energy is a necessity for them, the same way breathing is for us.
3) Ghosts, yeah, I'm pretty sure you can get rid of them in a myriad of ways, and they'll be as physically manifest as the demons in 1)
4) Who knows? Go find out. =D  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:33 am
*sighs.* iii-_- i never appreciated people using the word "monster".... what do you define as a monster anyway?

anywho, i feel the need to share one of my old sayings now...

~what are Ghosts but sad Memories? each of us is being Haunted, whether we choose to acknowledge it or not. our fears and our regrets are always with us.~  

Chieftain Twilight

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Elocutionist 200

Oborosen

5,000 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:15 pm
Don't really think there's a possibility of doing a good search and finding any creature.

Remember, there not exactly unintelligent themselves.
This is the modern age.
The days of cellphone cameras.

Screw ups will not be tolerated.  
The Helpdesk (Quick Questions and Assistance)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games