Reply Mystery
Serial Killer Investigations and Books

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

celestialheiress

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:18 pm
okay so I have a severe interest in serial killers. No, i'm not insane. Anyway, my favorite murder case *that sounds funny right.. favorite lmao.* is the murder of 1940's aspiring actress Elizabeth Short. She was out of a small town in the midwest, she decided to pursue her dreams as a film star which lots of young women were doing at the time.. she went to california..city of lost dreams.. she was a notorious flirt, and had a taste for men in uniform (soldiers etc.) she claimed frequently that she was dating so and so in the military and was getting married soon. She went missing for a few weeks and one night appeared in a neighborhood..naked, cut completely in half, blood drained and slashes on either side of her mouth. The investigation was pursued but a killer never really surfaced. I first read about her online when I was doing a personality report on a famous person in high school (I dressed up like her, the whole she-bang and gave a speech etc) I was entralled so I looked for some books about her. There have been a few, The Black Dahlia, Daddy was the Black Dahlia Killer..etc. Also a wonderful book that I read called Mind Hunter which is about a retired serial killer investigator and all the cases he worked on, its a must read.

anyway, what I want to know is..do any of you share this interest with me and if so, know any good books?  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:00 pm
Wonderfull something for me! I love good detective stories... Christie is good but a little Old Fashioned, Akunin writes about detective who works in reality of XIX century Russia, Fowlers heroes are both over eighty (80 - it wasn't a mistake in spelling), and Rankin is the poet of Edynbourough and middle-age sarcastic loosers... Serial Killer appears in almost all of their books (well exept Christie's to be honest), and they are ussually mentaly demented... Had a great time with all of them... I don't like Chandler and Simon, but some people do so maybe it's worth to give them a try...  

Inepta

celestialheiress

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:28 pm
heh when I was little I read Nancy Drew like crazy.

biggrin

and thanks Inepta I'll be sure to check out the authors you mentioned  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:54 am
It was pleasure smile , I haven't read Nanscy Drew but I've read lot about it, everybody seams to know what it is, but I've newer saw it here in Poland - shame on translators, and english-language bookshops...  

Inepta

PankurokkuBaco

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:34 pm
Coolio....

o_o

When I die, I want to have all my blood drained and shaved in jars!

Mkay, mabee not.

But I certainly dont want to die naked! How humiliating! But...if I'm dead it wont matter...My corpse and I might have to have a talk about this one! xD  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:05 am
How dualistic... Well I suppose it depends on what your body looks like... If it would be in pieces well - it could be humiliating, but if it would be looking as inthe sleep - that's something else... Or when You die having a bath, it would be stupid to die in a bath with all the clothes on you wink  

Inepta

celestialheiress

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:53 am
yeah, wow you guys are creative lol. I just want to die normally, in my sleep or something. that would be ideal. But.. things never go that way.. god i really should go looking for more serial killer books. When I was in highschool we were allowed to check a book out of the library called "serial killers dictionary" I bet I kept that thing out for a month. heart

A few other interesting cases I came across were about nurses and doctors killing patients with morphine or taking them off of life support, lethal injections etc.

thoughts?  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:05 am
It was a nurse called Black Angel of Mercy or something like that I've read about her in some newspaper few years ago, she was working in Poland killing the persons who couldn't been cured... She said that it was just euthanazy, that she was killing them to spare them sufferings... For me everybody has his/her time to go away and if he'she suffers it has a reason so sparing them sufferings is cruelty...  

Inepta

Colonel T-Bone

Charitable Lunatic

10,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 11:12 am
Post 2/35

Okay, the best serial killer based book I have read is Angels &Demons (Okay, it's not technically about serial killers, but that does play a major role).

As for my favorite serial killer case, it would be the ever famous Zodiac Killer. Just love the concept.  
Mystery

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games