Welcome to Gaia! ::

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Back to Guilds

This is a writer's guild where all can gather for feedback and advice on all mediums of writing. Plus it's a great place for conversation. 

Tags: Writing, Writer, Writer's Block, Critiques, Friends 

Reply Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild
What creates a dream?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[.Disposable Dweeb.]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:48 pm
In the back of my mind there is something waiting to appear every night. It is a dream that has no clear message, this dream cannot be called a nightmare because there is nothing truly scary about it. I cannot call it a pleasant dream because there is always the feeling of uncertainty and the idea of losing my way. This is a dream that comes to me frequently, relentlessly and painfully.

Imagine, if you will, having all senses removed. No sight, touch, sound, taste or smell. Imagine living in a world where all you can feel is the metalic apathy of machines. There is always a sense of uneasyness as you walk through this world, slowly regaining some of your senses. The ability to see is the most prominent, but all there is to see is darkness; silhouettes that cannot be pinned as any certain person or thing. In this world, you know but one thing: time is running out. You do not know what is going to happen when the last second passes, all you know is that it is bad. You can feel a friendly presence, but can not see them. You wish to communicate with them; that only proves to make them lost.

This world leaves you with a feeling of hopelessness, and every second wasted becomes a painful reminder that time is almost gone and with no idea what needs to be done and no idea how to communicate with the only possible helping hand you may encounter, you give up all hope. That's when the last glint of possible help arrives, you can see somone in the distance, but trying to catch up with them gives the same feeling as the never-ending hallway. It takes what feels like blood, sweat and tears to finally reach them. This is the point when all hope is shattered, this unknown figure turns to meet you in the eye and seeing that you are close to giving up, they smirk; push you down and walk away.

You awake in a daze, your eyes are playing tricks on you and your room becomes distorted and it feels as if the length of floor to the doorway is becoming a longer and longer path. The feeling of anxiety and hopelessness left from the dream ring through your mind even as you make the way to the door.

When finally in a well lit and safe room, you ask yourself: What is it that makes you so anxious in that dream? Everything is so abstract that it seems silly to feel hopeless. Why does it leave you fearing of the idea of going back to sleep in that room? Why does this happen so frequently? Most importantly, what is the reason of these dreams?

Authors notes

This is actually a recurring dream of mine that even now I find extremely difficult to log. Due to the abstract feelings that I feel attempt to take form it seems almost impossible to describe. Even now I'm not sure if what I've written is a completely accurate.

This is one of my first attempts at second person perspective because I feel it would be easier for the audience to imagine their own dream states and hopefully it worked out.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:07 pm
Oh. My. Gods.

This is my worst nightmare.

*shidders*

How did you know...? Thats' freaky....  

KirbyVictorious

[.Disposable Dweeb.]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:18 pm
This is just the one dream that I can really distinctly remember, it leaves me with an off feeling for days when I wake up from it. It's absolutely impossible to find the source of it too.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:32 pm
Well, I know why I'd get them....

Good job...scary though....  

KirbyVictorious

[.Disposable Dweeb.]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:34 pm
Thank you. smile  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:17 pm
I feel at a lost now...And strange...

Lately, I haven't been able to remember my dreams... And that makes me a little sad after reading yours, even though it is creepy... I hope I'll be able to remember them soon, even when they're awkward, I still enjoy them...

Nicely done, I hope to see more of your writings. Your style entertains me.

Oukow

[.Disposable Dweeb.]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:19 pm
Thank you very much. If you look back maybe seven pages, there's the work I added roughly a year ago (give or take). Sky Scraper was one of the ones from that time as well.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:10 pm
Very Interesting dream this is... I have an interpretation for it and mind you its only an idea of what this means... I believe this is society as a whole trying to run away from the materialistic goods that we so covet. We want out but temptation pays its toll deep on what we consider holy and unholy.  

Galladonsfire

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff