Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Umbrella Waste Factory:: (Caution! Biohazardous waste!)
The Arsenal of Resident Evil 4 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Psi_Mu_Merc

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 5:58 am
Biohazard EXTREME
Psi_Mu_Merc
And if RE5 does this?...
I'm not saying that melee weapons should be the main things used in RE. I just think it would be nice to have an axe or something that can cause some damage without requiring bullets. Of course, the RE games of late seem to filled with ammo... confused
The thing is... People complained that RE4 didn't feel like Resident Evil because Resident Evil is about zombies. But Resident Evil was never just about zombies. It was about zombies and guns. And even though they got rid of zombies, guns have always been an integral part of the series. You have an enemy, you could run, but it's easier to just shoot. Therefore, Guns are the main tool in Resident Evil. Outbreak was different because we were dealing with civillians, who had to be resourceful. But even there, you find all kinds of guns. If RE5 mainly concentrates on Melee weapons, then it will suck, because that's not what Resident Evil is about, especially when concerning a professional marksman.

twisted How true. I'll be very happy if it stays to its roots. I've been wanting an RE game with even more guns since I first played RE2. If they'd add tons of unlockable weapons (and other stuff), I'd be ecstatic. (And yet, I still want to knock zombies down with the butt of my rifle.... confused )  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 5:38 am
kewl black tail rulz...until u unlock/buy the chicago typriter than its much mor fun than any thing u dont even need the inf. rocket launcher  

Downed_Phoenix

Thagaru

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 5:09 pm
stares at guns picks up Striker point at head wow !Bang! thats the end of his dumb life  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 7:16 am
As for the rifle, i think its a Springfield rifle RE4 uses. Dont want to go in details about series number etc. domokun  

Nankobo Tenkai

King Baby Duck

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 11:10 pm
Resident Isaka
Biohazard EXTREME
Mr. Kennedy
Intresting. I dunno but the names were pretty cool I guess.
See, they might have been, but come on! You know what kinds of weapons have names like Punisher? RPG games, and that was the biggest turnoff in RE4, the RPGish shopping and upgrading aspect. Nothing is cooler for a gun that a big number and letter code like Beretta M92FS, that was cool. Or M4A1, or AK-47, you know what I mean?

It's like they were going RPG with the merchant..... gonk

aw come on, i LOVED the new aspect of the game. it was more rewarding than "oh, get this gun and move on". although the merchant got annoying when you were selling multiple items, it was a cool addition to the RE series. i can't wait for 5 to come out and i hope this feature returns.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 5:08 pm
the Handcannon is AWESOME!!!!! but the Broken Butterfly is my favorite  

Kaworu__Nagisa
Crew

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 7:42 pm
Phillips
aw come on, i LOVED the new aspect of the game. it was more rewarding than "oh, get this gun and move on". although the merchant got annoying when you were selling multiple items, it was a cool addition to the RE series. i can't wait for 5 to come out and i hope this feature returns.
RPG factors such as buying and selling do not belong in Resident Evil. I mean what's next? "Enter hero name"?  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:31 am
The Killer 7 is actually the same gun the terminator uses through most of the first film until the Tech Noir scene.

And the Broken Butterfly is actually an copy of and old Smith and Wesson late 1800's break open revolver  

ZachSabbath

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:26 am
Seeing as RE4 has been out for a whole bunch of years, I would like to see this thread closed. We have a 'favorite weapon' thread, and I think it would make more sense to have all further discussion about weaponry moved there.

Although, I would like one or two mods to agree with me on this before it's done. You know, 'cause we're a democracy and all rofl .  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:42 pm
That's fine. But I think I'm gonna copy my weapon descriptions to that favorite weapons thread, just so that people can find and say the proper gun names.  

Biohazard EXTREME

::Umbrella Waste Factory:: (Caution! Biohazardous waste!)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games