Reply Other Genres
Meg Cabot

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

teenroses

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:11 pm
This is for Meg Cabot's fan thread, of her books, questions, or just talking about the subject!

smile Please feel free to participate.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:37 am
I love Meg Cabot.
I'm reading 'The Mediator' series by her right now and it's better than I thought it'd be. Anyone heard of it? I can't put any of them down!  

xxcelestialstarxx

penandpaper67
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:16 pm
xxcelestialstarxx
I love Meg Cabot.
I'm reading 'The Mediator' series by her right now and it's better than I thought it'd be. Anyone heard of it? I can't put any of them down!

I've heard of it, but I haven't actually read any of the books in The Mediator series.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:56 am
Meh, I've read a lot of Meg Cabot's books. The Mediator Series are one of my favorites.
Other books I've read by Meg Cabot-
-Teen Idol
-All-American Girl
-Jinx
-Avalon High
-Prom Nights from Hell
-Pants on Fire

I think that's all, besides the 6 from The Mediator Series.
She has written a lot more than that, though.  

Adurna Blaze

penandpaper67
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:11 pm
I've only read the first Princess Diaries book. Yes, I know, I should be ashamed.... gonk  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:12 pm
Her books are like brain crack. They're not particularly well-written, and after a while, the plot gets repititive. (All her books I've read are variations on the same basic plot, bit like any major series of romance novels.) But I still can't stop reading them! And I like them. Sometimes, I just crave one in a way that can't be satisfied with any other books. Gotta give Cabot props for being able to pull that off.  

UberTumbleweed

Adurna Blaze

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:05 pm
UberTumbleweed
Her books are like brain crack. They're not particularly well-written, and after a while, the plot gets repititive. (All her books I've read are variations on the same basic plot, bit like any major series of romance novels.) But I still can't stop reading them! And I like them. Sometimes, I just crave one in a way that can't be satisfied with any other books. Gotta give Cabot props for being able to pull that off.

I fully agree with you! That is completely true in every point!!!  
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 10:27 am
I really like Mag Cabot's books - I read them whenever I'm in the mood for a light read. They're short and easy to get into, so while none will ever be my favorite book, I'll still buy and reread them. I read the Mediator series over spring break - I think those are my favorite books by her. I've also read the 1800-Where-R-You? books, which I liked. I've also read Teen Idol, Avalon High, How to Be Popular, Prom Nights From Hell, Jinx, and All-American Girl, which were all pretty good (but the plots can get a bit repetitive at times).  

dragongirl187

Merenwen99

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:10 pm
I've never read any of her books, but my ceramics instructor went to high school with her and told me that when Meg Cabot was younger, she drew a picture that looked exactly like the girl who plays Mia (right . . . ?) in the Princess Diaries movies before she got princessified.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:35 pm
UberTumbleweed

You're actually kind of right. I DO love her books, but her characters and plots do seem slightly repetitive. :]

Oh, and...I've read:
How to be Popular
The "1-800-where r u" series (just finished the last book today!!)
Rhymes with Witches
The Princess Diaries (Only the first book, sorry!!)
Prom Nights from Hell

And that's about it...:]
She's just an author whose books just...usually "stick my fast, so I can't escape, and be totally engrossed in the book". I swear, it's like magic or something. Well, not as "majestically engrossing" as Twilight, but Meg Cabot does seem to draw a lot of attention to her. (Maybe that's why I started this thread...?)

:0 4laugh razz wink smile biggrin redface 3nodding crying xd blaugh whee sweatdrop cool lol twisted neutral pirate rofl burning_eyes emo

Lol  

teenroses

dragongirl187

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:08 pm
I occasionally read her blog - I think she'd be an interesting person to meet. I kind of want to read Airhead, but I'm worried it'll be a waste of my money.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:33 pm
dragongirl187
I occasionally read her blog - I think she'd be an interesting person to meet. I kind of want to read Airhead, but I'm worried it'll be a waste of my money.

It is. I ran out of reading while at an airport, and due to limited selection, picked it up. Bad idea...  

penandpaper67
Captain

Caroli3

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 6:53 pm
I love her books.
But im not really sure about Airhead. I don't know if I liked it or not.
Her other books are great though. smile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:15 pm
I just read Ransom My Heart. It was really good, although some parts were cheesy. (It's Princess Mia's romance novel.)  

dragongirl187

Other Genres

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff