Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sword of Truth Guild, For Terry Goodkind Fans!

Back to Guilds

"Choose, then. With us or not. But choose this day for all time." 

Tags: truth, sword, richard, series, goodkind 

Reply Legend of the Seeker Discussion
Information concerning the mini-series!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lophus Rahl

Enduring Gaian

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:18 pm
terrygoodkind.com
WFR TV Show
Posted: 1/29/08

DADT TAKES SAM RAIMI’S “WIZARD’S FIRST RULE” TO THE SYNDICATION MARKETPLACE FOR A FALL 2008 LAUNCH

BURBANK, Calif. – Disney«ABC Domestic Television is bringing a new first-run, live-action weekly series to the syndication marketplace for a Fall 2008 launch, it was announced today by Janice Marinelli, president, Disney«ABC Domestic Television. From Executive Producer Sam Raimi ("Spider-Man," "Spider-Man 2," "Spider-Man 3" and "The Evil Dead"), the one-hour weekly series is based on Terry Goodkind’s bestselling epic fantasy series The Sword of Truth, which follows the extraordinary transformation of woodsman Richard Cypher into a magical leader who joins with a mysterious, beautiful woman to stop a bloodthirsty, sinister tyrant.

"We are thrilled to offer a network-quality show to the syndication marketplace from the studio that brings us ‘Lost,’ Grey’s Anatomy,’ ‘Desperate Housewives,’ 'Criminal Minds,' 'Ghost Whisperer' and the new Lifetime hit 'Army Wives,' together with the talented team behind ‘Xena: Warrior Princess’ and ‘Hercules: The Legendary Journeys,’" said Janice Marinelli, president, Disney«ABC Domestic Television. "The time is right to introduce a captivating new series from this well-established and successful genre that is sure to be an attractive fit for stations across the country."

"We’re very excited to move into the first-run syndication arena," said Mark *****, president of ABC Studios, "especially with Sam Raimi, a visually dynamic filmmaker who's mastered the fantasy genre."

"Terry Goodkind is a brilliant author and I fell in love with his books, reading them with my family," said Executive Producer Sam Raimi. "In discussing these incredible storylines and rich characters with my friends and partners Robert Tapert and Josh Donen, we agreed that 'Wizard's First Rule' would make an amazing television series -- one that could be produced with compelling, self-contained episodes."

Goodkind’s popular epic fantasy series The Sword of Truth are international bestsellers that have been translated into over 20 languages. Goodkind’s first installment Wizard’s First Rule was published in 1994 and ten additional titles have subsequently been released.

"Wizard’s First Rule" will be produced by ABC Studios, marking their first venture into broadcast syndication. Production is slated to begin on the 22-episodes this May. Sam Raimi, Robert Tapert ("The Grudge," "Xena: Warrior Princess," "Hercules: The Legendary Journeys" and "Cleopatra 2525"), "Joshua Donen ("The Quick and the Dead") and Ned Nalle (production executive for "Xena: Warrior Princess" and "Hercules: The Legendary Journeys") serve as executive producers.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:59 am
*squeals* XD XD I saw the announcement last night upon checking the site for news!!!.
I'm so excited now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. XD XD XD XD XD ^W^
^W^ ^W^ >W< >w<  

WEEB_QUEEN

Kawaii Shoujo

13,950 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Conventioneer 300

Liz3tt3

Interesting Gaian

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:08 pm
crying
I wanted to post that. gonk  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:52 pm
As a big SOT fan, I feel that I absolutely have to watch the series, despite how skeptical I am. I really don't know what to expect ( a lot like how i felt about LOTR and Harry Potter).

On the plus side, they have a lot of very successful producers and ABC working behind it, so that does make me feel a lot better. All I can do now is fret, and wait impatiently.

rofl . . . . . . . . confused . . . . . . . sad  

First Wizard Zorander
Vice Captain

Phanari

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:15 am
BOW CHICA BOWWOW!  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:17 am
With the way Hollywood has done fantasy in general, I personally have no qualms despite my complaints about the inaccurate width they make on dragon wings.  

Phanari

Legend of the Seeker Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff