Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Quilling

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Good Topic?
  Yes
  No
  What the Hell?
View Results

weyrdkat

6,950 Points
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:23 pm
First of all. . .Yes, Quilling, not Quilting. . . every search engine on the planet and three little girls in Hobby Lobby all tried correcting me. . .

Second: Does anyone here do it? It's a major addiction that I've just started and I want to post some of my stuff and maybe trade examples with someone else, but I'm not going to bother if no one else does it. . .so .. ..

POST POST POST! Onegari. . .Please. . .Por Favor. . .

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:55 pm
I love quilling and have two entire drawers full of quilling materials, books and half finished projects. I'd love to see some of what you have done and I'll post some of mine as soon I get my camera back.

Happy Quilling!!!!  

Lexi Marie

Catcheen
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:57 pm
I've never done it, but I do know what you're talking about. I'm amused that the Hobby Lobby chicks tried correcting you. I've only seen quilling supplies at Michaels.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:48 am
Quillling fascinates me but I've never tried it. I'm not sure I've got the patience or dexterity to do it. Not to mention any practical applications of it ..

But please, show us what you've done!  

taligator

claviclebone

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:06 pm
This may sound dumb, but what is Qulling?  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:25 pm
yes, I do quilling. I get the quilling/quilting mixup a lot too. or they think i'm talking about a form of caligraphy or something.

http://ajazzydancer.deviantart.com/art/Quilled-Mandala-59314724
this is the only thing I have posted online of it.

to those who wonder what quilling is: it is the art of rolling up strips of paper and making them into designs and shapes and such.  

ajazzydancer

IguanArt

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:38 pm
Back in grade school my art teacher had us do quilling designs either for valentines or easter I think. We had to cut our own strips from colored construction paper which is not the greatest choice but we all got the idea and had some fun making it too.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:32 am
I'm gonna go ahead and say it.
as far as crafts go...
quilling is the ugly b*****d child of the art world.
there. it's out there.

discuss.  

Kingyo~goldfish

sparklingbutterfly

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:26 am
i have never heard of quilling that is so cool

i am far too poor right now to try and buy stuff to teach myself a new craft but i DeF want to try it!  
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 7:20 pm
Okay, I don't only quill, but quilling has been around since the middle ages. It's not only art in its pieces, but the work it takes to create them is art in itself. Anyone can knit (yes, I do and I taught myself), but it takes a great deal of patience and practice to make such masterful quilling pieces. Here's a couple of my pieces. . . .

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

weyrdkat

6,950 Points
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Aki Yasu

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:12 am
I have a feeling that if I ever tried this I would get very frustrated and end up shooting myself, but I belive I will try it all the same. Those are some lovely pieces you made.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 5:46 pm
Thank you. . .it really isn't hard, you just have to start simple and work through it. I use a slotted tool cause I prefer it over the needle tool. Searching pictures on google will give you a simple starting point for projects. Balloons and animals are pretty simple. . .start with the basic shapes and move through. 3nodding  

weyrdkat

6,950 Points
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Craftin'

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items