Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you play RPGs of any form?
  Yes, and I love them!
  No, and I don't care to learn.
  Yes, they're alright.
  No, but they seem interesting enough. Maybe I'll give them a go.
View Results

NeKkEd_AiNt_No_CrImE

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:22 am

Alright, at work, I was talking about D&D (Dungeons and Dragons, for anyone who doesn't know.) and they convienced me to play. Actually, I volunteered, thinking that it would be a fun experience, and something to get in to just for the hell of it, and for the sake of keeping some of my friends. (I lost most all of my friends since I moved and got a job and such.)

But as they began talking, and after we swapped phone numbers, they began talking about their characters, how long they take to develope, and how to play the game. They said it's so hard to have a good game going because EVERYBODY has to show up for any progression to be made.
It makes sense, but goodness, that seems mighty hard.

Does anyone know what I'm getting myself in to?
:O

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:38 pm
I kinda do... i was gonna play but never found the time... what you gotta do is think of a character (elf, dwarf, knight, etc) and then draw it (with color)... if you cant draw then have somebody else do it... that way people playing know what your char looks like... then you gotta get a setting/surrounding and a story line/plot going and then when you roll the dice, the higher the number, the better chance you have of doing the action of your choice... if you get a low number then it usually either doesn't do anything or does a rebound (hurts you)... the number thing varies though... depending on what your doing and whats going on, it might be better to get a lower number... sadly, thats all i know... never got a chance to play sad ... i hear there is an online place you can play D&D online though... im thinkin bout joining that  

Sonic Havok

flamesbladeflcl1000
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:23 pm
I have never played but it looks like it could be fun.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:55 am

Hmm, maybe I should look it up.
They still haven't called me about the date though.

:O

NeKkEd_AiNt_No_CrImE

maj115

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:59 am
dnd is deff. fun... i used to play it all the time as a kid. the storyline, moster encounters etc. is all up to the DM (dungeon Master) which is a specific title for DND and ADND (GM for many other RPGS, meaning of course Game Master, lol... what a rip off...) you create a character by picking a race, stats, a class (knight, palidin, clearic or priest, wizard, sorceror, theif, barbarian, warrior, ninja, or whatever else the Dm decides to allow as a class) when you get up in lvl you can also multi-class or specialize in two or more at once (ask the DM about this). bear with me here, i no this is a lot to absorb... for getting stats u roll dice and (usually) take the three highest numbers rolled (the way u will do it is decided again by the DM). your stats and the combos u can put them in (for str (strength), dex or adj (dextarity or agility depending on what version u play), wis (wisdom), char (charisma), int (intellegence). each class has a minimum of stat points that are required... success of actions are also determined by dice as you preform skill checks and battle monsters.

your DM will explain all this so dont worry just go and rollplay as ur character, this is just the advanced version to help you get a good grip before u go. dont be afraid, lol, ull have fun..!

im sure the group will help you out your first time just make a character and rollplay, you will start to pick it up in no time flat... dont get to confused the group will fill you in on all the details as you learn.

again sry to go so in-depth, really it's going to be fun. i'd still play if i had a good DM, i could get a bunch of my friends together and we could bring pizza and po and icecream and make a party of it like we used to... *sigh* ah... those were the good ol' dayz... *reminices*  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:04 am
oh and it isnt so importaint to draw it... ppl can get an idea of your character with a small description of height, build, hair color, skin color, eye color, clothes, and whatever details you feel are importaint for them to know... most ppl who play DND are very good at imagining or if not they get to be good at it... i remember this one time when one of the females in our group forgot to give herself cloths... that was funny... she was Soo embarased (partly because even the DM was constantly refering to the fact that she was butt-naked, until finally he decided it was enough and gave the girl some chothes that he said were laying on a bush. the girl of course was his GF in real life... lol!)... give them what u feel is important and let them do the rest (remember the clothes!!! *grin*)  

maj115

NeKkEd_AiNt_No_CrImE

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:42 am

Wicked. Thanks, guys.

I think I'll have a lot of fun. As for the rolls and stuff, they have that kind of base in Never Winter Nights and basically all rpgs, no?

Wewt. I'm making my character today. <3
I still need to get dice. Wah. The store has such crappy hours. xP

surprised

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:52 pm
lol, hope u had fun!!!  

maj115

NeKkEd_AiNt_No_CrImE

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:10 pm

Naa! He canceled. Gahaha. Next time, next time. <3

I wonder... could I just like download a character sheet from somewhere and start making my own character? Or do I need to be with my DM?

Because if I could do it on my own then that would be great. Then I could draw my character too.

surprised

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:59 pm
easily, just find out what version of dnd and do a image search for dnd char sheets (insert version here, example: 3.5)  

maj115

Azrial Altruis

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:44 pm
This should give you some insight on D&D
wink  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:21 pm
D&D rox my sox! Yo, i play with my sis and dad! my dad's been playin for years!!!!^^ XD  

gaara_no1_luver

Media (music,movies,tv,ect.)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff