Reply Realistic Fiction
To Kill a Mockingbird Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

irock708

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 5:10 pm
Yeah, I hope they do. I mean, the old movie didn't really do it any justice, I don't think. Though, I guess it was the best that they could've done back then. But it would be so amazing if they redo it.  
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 12:27 pm
They've redone Superman movies. Why not redo To Kill a Mockingbird? It's a classic.  

Kitty Pryde5

irock708

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 3:22 pm
Yeah, I know... but I think it has something to do with legal issues and such...  
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 5:15 pm
I've always wanted to read it. What is it about?  

VampireBond

irock708

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 2:27 pm
It's basically describing a summer of two children, Scout and Jem. It sounds boring when put in that statement, but it's actually not. It's quite beautiful and sweet, really.  
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 8:24 pm
I love To Kill a Mockingbird! heart

The movie is pretty good, too. The guy who played Atticus did really well.  

Collote
Crew

irock708

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:11 am
Yeah, didn't he get an Oscar for his role?  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:52 am
Hmmm... yes, he did.  

Collote
Crew

SuffocatedHope

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:10 pm
I've never read it nor ever really had an inclination to read it.
I have, however, seen a local play and it was very nice. It still didn't get me interested in reading the book, unfortunately..
sweatdrop

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:06 pm
SuffocatedHope
I've never read it nor ever really had an inclination to read it.
I have, however, seen a local play and it was very nice. It still didn't get me interested in reading the book, unfortunately..
sweatdrop

It's a very interesting and powerful book, but whether you are intrigued by it or not is a very personal type of thing (more so than with most other books). I'd recommend reading it even if you're not really interested by the subject; if you like it, it will truly be worth it.  

penandpaper67
Captain

rachyrach16xo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:12 pm
I just read this book with my class, and I was the first one to finish it. I was a really great book, but I think I can mostly relate to Jem, because I have 2 younger siblings that I'm always looking after. biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 9:56 pm
I loved this book when I read it years back, and then I loved it even more when we did it in class a couple of years later. I thought the movie could have been better but I still enjoyed it surprised  

sadeijo

irock708

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:48 pm
The thing that got me about TKAM is the fact that Scout and Jem had fun playing outside (which I always used to do as a kid with my own older sibling) and the whole childhood innocence thing. Coming-of-age and such. It really touches the soul, if you can relate to it.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:30 pm
I love this book! I read it in class but my class was so annoying I didnt get much ou of it...but then I bought it and read it again. It made me cry when Scout walked Boo home at the end...so cute :3  

flamewarrior1336

Shadowy Raider

10,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • First step to fame 200
Realistic Fiction

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers