Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Raccoon Public Library:: (Fan-Fiction)
Zetsubou Billy

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How'd you like it?
  Needs a lot of work
  It wasn't my favorite, but it was alright
  Very good.
View Results

[Le S h i t]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:51 pm
C'mon, you guys saw this coming.
Yuss, I meant for it to be the Maximum the Hormone title. I happened to be listening to that when I was writing it. Any who, my cheaply scraped together fan - fiction. <3 Enjoy.

When this whole mess started, I never thought I would be one to survive. I guess it never would have happened if it wasn’t for him. To this day I would jump a bullet to show my respect for him. Billy Coen, thank you. The ring of his name can only make me smile.

It was cold, to cold to be out at this time. I walked slower and slower because of an injury. I thought I was the only one. Everything around me was dark, and my vision was getting blurry. All of my thoughts were becoming of death, I lost all hope. Nothing made sense anymore. I thought it was only me.

When I met him, he was something else. Just when I heard survivors, he grabbed be from the bushes, and put his hand over my mouth to keep me from screaming. It didn’t take long to notice he wasn’t trying to harm me. But I still tried to escape anyway, for my own protection. Once we both heard them leave, he let go.
“What the hell are you trying to do? There were people there! And who are you to grab me?”
“Well little girl, who the hell are you too ask all these damn questions?” He smiled, I narrowed my eyebrows, giving him a look.
“Listen, how about we start with our names, sounds like a plan. My name is Billy. What’s yours?”
“Why should I tell you my name?”
“Because I told you mine, and I just saved your a**.”
“Saved me? Those other people would have saved me! You practically suffocated me! Couldn’t you have just of came out of the bushes and we could have walked to the survivors, and all of us could have been safe?”
“Not all of us.” He looked to the side, and slowly drifted away from me. At the moment, I thought that was the best path for me. Maybe he thought so too. But it wasn’t. We both could have died.

I was frozen as he walked the other way. He was still in sight.
“What are you talking about? They could have helped us.”
“Maybe you. Yeah, they could --- would’ve helped you in a flash.”
“Then why did you hide?” He smiled, and looked like he had nothing to loose.
“They were cops.”
“So? Isn’t that better than regular people who may have never held a weapon before?” He still had that same smile, and he lifted his right hand in the air. He shook his hand, and
I saw dangling handcuffs. My eyes widened, and I took a step back.
“No, you can’t be. You can’t be! You’re a criminal!” I ran from him, in fear, I guess. Whatever the reason was, it was the worse possible thing I could do.

I could only hear myself panting. I ran so much I rolled on the ground and hit a tree. Sitting up against the tree, I saw his silhouette walking towards me. My panting increased, and I backed into the tree. It got me nowhere, only my back being dug into the tree’s bark.
“Get away! Why are you here? I said go!” I threw twigs at him, thinking it would do something at the moment. Looking back on it I see how much of a childish reaction it was. I didn’t know what else to do through. His image soon became clear.
“What’s your problem kid? I’m trying to help you!”
“I don’t want-need, a criminal’s help!”
“Why are you judging me? How are you positive about that?”
“Look at yourself! Anybody could tell!” We both stopped, and he moved closer. I thought he was going to kill me, but instead he sat next to me.
“I’m not like that. I wouldn’t kill an innocent person if my life depended on it.” He had his eyes closed. My expression was confusion, and I stared at him.
“I was ordered, to attack them.”
“Attack who? Who ordered you?”
“I was a different person. I was in the Marine Special Forces.”
Puzzled, I sat and listened.
“One, maybe two years ago it happened. Our unit was ordered to a place in Africa. We were ordered to exterminate a hideout. But our entry point wasn’t anywhere near where we were supposed to be. We were being knocked down like dominos, and only four of us managed to get out alive. If that wasn’t enough,” He sighed, letting me see the depression in his eyes. ”We had to kill an innocent village.”
He stopped talking for a moment. I thought about everything he had said.
“But you didn’t kill them, right? All of them are still---“
“You don’t get it. I wasn’t the one to have another grave to be dug. But who says you can believe me?”
“Stop making this so confusing! Did you kill them or not?”
“I was ordered to. But I still didn’t.”
He stopped talking, and put his head down. I looked at him. I chuckled, and decided I could trust him with my name. He looked at me.
“What’s so funny?”
“My name, you want to hear it?” He nodded.
“Zetsubou, my name is Zetsubou.” I laughed. “Figured you’d be laughing too. If you don’t feel like saying that, just call me Zet. So, Billy, it’s nice to officially meet you. No more grudges, I promise you, okay?”
He blinked and stood up, me following him.
“Then come with me. I can get you to safety. I promise.”

We walked for some time, and after talking with him, I found he really wasn’t a bad person. I realized, he really wasn’t lying. We walked until we heard something from behind us. Some sort of a lizard creature ran and hit Billy from the behind. He screamed and pulled out a hidden gun, aiming it at the monster.
“Zet, stand back!” Once I was out of his way, he shot at that thing like there was no tomorrow. But it still wouldn’t stop, it still wouldn’t fall, it still wouldn’t die. It got close enough that it hit him a few more times. I felt bad because I had no way of helping him. He shot until he ran out of the few bullets he had, then it was pretty much dead. He panted. Then fell to the ground. He was wearing a sheet of blood, and fell to the ground.
“B-Billy! C’mon, get the hell up! You’re not dying! Not today, not here at least!”
I pulled him up, and he barely stood. I helped him walk. Until more of those damn things came, slashing at both of us, but more Billy.
“We have to get out of here, come on, run!” He grabbed me and dove into a pond. God only knows what he was thinking. He still had a tight hold of me when we found out we weren’t alone in there. Those things hit both of us again, resulting in us drowning, or at least me. He pulled me up though. “Z-Zetsubou. Zet. I’ve got you, I promised you, remember?” My eyes widened as we swam to shore. As we swam, more of those things tracked us down, hitting both of us with its sharp claws. I finally fell for a final count, and went into the water. Of course, he swam after me. Under the water I opened my eyes as wide as I could, and saw I tattooed arm wrapped around me, so I knew I was safe.

We made it to shore without those things following us. Billy walked to a tree, then fell next to it. He looked a lot worse. He was just about shaking hands with Death himself.
“Damn it. I can’t move. I think I’m just about done for.” I cried a lot, even though he should have been the one crying, by the way he looked. I walked up to him, sitting near him. I put my hand on his. “You’re going to be okay, I promise you. You’re going to be okay. You’re going to be okay. You’re going to be okay!” At that point my tears weren’t even able to hide. My other hand was on his neck so I could feel his pulse. I couldn’t tell if he was alive or dead.
“Zet, get the hell out of here if you want to live. I’m sorry I couldn’t keep my promise.”
“I’m not leaving without you.” He became silent, and then my breathing increased. My eyes widened.
“I figured I’d die all alone. But, you changed that.”
“Y-You’re not going to die here.” He didn’t move, or breathe. I took my hands off his hand and neck and replaced them on his shoulders, slowly shaking them.
“Billy. Billy you can’t die! Billy you can’t die. . . Billy you can’t die because I love you!”
I felt his hand touch the back of mine, and pull me closer. So we both sat on the ground hugging each other.
“I’m glad you said that. I didn’t want to be the one breaking the ice.” I cried more, letting my tears run into his hair, saying his name every now and then. With the last of his strength he threw his gun.
“Zetsubou, I’m glad you’re here.” With every word I squeezed him tighter. I put my hand back on his neck. There was nothing. He could only smile.
“Billy? Billy! Billy! Damn it! Billy, I’m sorry. This is my fault. This is all because of me, because I’m that helpless girl that came along your path.”
I hugged him, and sat there for what seemed like seconds. But what did I know anymore? I must have fallen asleep there because it was daytime when I looked.
“Billy, I’m going to bring you help, it’s going to be okay.” I said with encouragement. I acted like I knew he was going to live, but I already knew it was the end for him. I ran away crying.

I heard human voices. I may have been hallucinating, or maybe they really were there.
“H-Hey! Who’s there? Show yourselves!” Quickly two police officers leaped out of the bushes.
“Quick! You have to help me! Billy’s back there and--”
“There’s no time for that. Our chopper’s leaving now.”
They dragged me away. Once met with their chopper, I found I was the only survivor. The only one in the plane. I looked out of the window, thinking maybe he was there. But I was wrong. Looking at the area where he would have been, I thought of everything both of us did, and how he sacrificed his life for mine. And if I ever met him in the next life, I’d do the same exact thing for him. I could only smile.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:54 pm
I put this on my EFF drive, to read at home. It intrigues me: I didn't think you to be the type of person to dedicate a fan-fiction. smile  

Locust Girl

Locust Girl

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:23 am
Definitely very touching, Mr. s**t (is it ignorant to assume you are a GUY? Bcuz of ur AVITAR??). It’s remarkable to see someone reflect on their own bond to a character like this, I mean, you must really respect Mr. Coen. I can appreciate this because I’m obsessed (not to say it in a negative tense) with a Resident Evil character myself. I wouldn’t classify you as being “obsessed,” however, no- not in any sort of creepy “homgzimasturbate2hisimage” thing. I sense respect. Pure respect.

I also liked the way the reader is kept in mystery about the narrator. Is he a man? A woman? Naturally, at first, I assumed it was a female, this first person narrative figure. But I do actually believe that the main intention was for the main character to be a male. Did you switch genders of the narrator at the last minute? An interesting thought.

Having revealed all those opinions, it’s time to crack a minor whip. I do realize (from what you posted) that this was written on a whim. I was starving for more details on the events that occurred in the rising action. It was like: “Oh! This Zestsubou woman doesn’t like Billy! Oh, wait, now they’re in love. S’all good.” It has the air of a short story, which is respectable. I was yearning to know more about Zetsubou, though. I wish you could have described her more.

But I do think you captured Billy’s personality down to a tee. Really, I was impressed.

I can safely give this fan-fiction a B+. surprised  
::Raccoon Public Library:: (Fan-Fiction)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games