No, but I might
  No, never plan to
  Yes, I loved it!
  Yes, it was terrible
  I tried, but I didn't get much out of it
View Results

WickedSong

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:40 pm
I haven't seen any other threads for this book, so I made one.

Wuthering Heights is by Emily Bronte. It's a great book. It's a dark love story. I'd highly recommend it.

Who else has read it? Did you like Edgar or Heathcliff, and why? What did you think about the Cathy/Linton/Hareton story? Personally, I like Edgar, but Heathcliff is pretty cool. I think Catherine's a loser... The Cathy/Linton/Hareton story I didn't enjoy as much as the Catherine/Heathcliff story. I like the first 15 chapters the best. I really like some of the quotes Heathcliff says.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:50 pm
I like the story I've read it in both languages I know... I like Heathcliffe he's got a character. Catherine was silly and spoiled, nasty one... All the relations are logically connected to the plot and whole plotI likevery much so I must like all witch leads to the end... And btw. I coul reccomend "Tessa D'Urberville to You" and "Jane Eyre"...  

Inepta

FlixiePixie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:46 pm
I MAY read this book in the future, but to me it just seems toooooo ridiculous. I don't see why anyone would want a happy ending for any of the characters. It seems none of them have a backbone and just bend and turn to the will of the author's story with no reasoning. Too much unrealistic drama for my tastes..  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:06 pm
I thought it was fantastic, I loved/hated Heathcliff, I loved him because he's such an awesome character, but I hated him because-- he really isn't good, he is stupid too, not to just tell Cathy he loves her in the beginning, and really is a villain in the end... Cathy bugged me a bit, but the part I hated most about her was, once again, her stupidity, but I only hated her until I realized that I am exactly like her-- then I just got annoyed at her, because I hate her character, but I can't deny I'd probably do about the exact same thing...  

BroadwayBaby_Musicnotes

WickedSong

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:14 pm
BroadwayBaby_Musicnotes
I thought it was fantastic, I loved/hated Heathcliff, I loved him because he's such an awesome character, but I hated him because-- he really isn't good, he is stupid too, not to just tell Cathy he loves her in the beginning, and really is a villain in the end... Cathy bugged me a bit, but the part I hated most about her was, once again, her stupidity, but I only hated her until I realized that I am exactly like her-- then I just got annoyed at her, because I hate her character, but I can't deny I'd probably do about the exact same thing...

Yeah, I never much liked Catherine or Cathy, mother or daughter. I did like the men, though, meaning Heathcliff and Edgar.

I'm planning on reading Jane Eyrie (however that's spelled) soon.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:46 pm
So... What is it about, exactly? XD

My English teacher referred to it a couple of days ago in class and it seems interesting. But then again, just about almost every classic book, to me, sounds interesting XD  

irock708

Mithrellas

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:40 pm
WickedSong
BroadwayBaby_Musicnotes

Yeah, I never much liked Catherine or Cathy, mother or daughter. I did like the men, though, meaning Heathcliff and Edgar.

It wasn't horrible at all, but I can't quite say I loved it either. All I can say is it was...interesting? wink There weren't any characters I loved all the way through, but in the end Hareton was pretty cool.
Jane Eyre is much, much better!!! heart  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:08 pm
Mithrellas
WickedSong
BroadwayBaby_Musicnotes

It wasn't horrible at all, but I can't quite say I loved it either. All I can say is it was...interesting? wink There weren't any characters I loved all the way through, but in the end Hareton was pretty cool.
Jane Eyre is much, much better!!! heart

Is it? I'm three chapters in. I wonder if there's a board for it...  

WickedSong

Azaraih

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:32 am
I'm actually required to read this book for summer reading, but... I'm kind of afraid to start it. Everyone I know seems to have hated it or thought it was boring or whatever. I'm hoping it surprises me though.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:40 am
I'd hope so too. It's a good story. Certainly beats some other classics you could be reading.  

WickedSong

irock708

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:14 pm
Lol. I asked about two months ago what this book is about and no one still hasn't answered. I sure feel appreciated *snort*  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:42 pm
I read Wuthering Heights in ninth grade. I can't seem to remember what it was about, only that I hated it with every bone in my body ... I think it was the characters that annoyed me... or the ending....  

JaelValentine

WickedSong

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:10 am
irock708
Lol. I asked about two months ago what this book is about and no one still hasn't answered. I sure feel appreciated *snort*

Sorry! This is really late, but oh well.

Wuthering Heights is a love story. It has a triangle, between Catherine, a man known as Heathcliff, and Edgar. It follows their story from the time they are about 10 until they are 30 and shows which man Catherine picks and why. Then it follows their children, who have a somewhat parallel story. It takes place at the same time as Jane Austen's novels, but unlike those, this book is easier to understand - no frilly language, straight and to the point. It is also rather dark - Heathcliff is commonly portrayed as a dark, mysterious, evil character, and the setting adds to this gloom.  
Realistic Fiction

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games