Reply Readers' and Writers' Guild
Library or bookstore??? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

dascenzo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:58 am
i defiantly prefer bookstores, i, as well, could spend hours in a bookstore. and i like to reread my books too. and if you get it from a library then it doesn't look new at all, but if you get it from a bookstore then it is extremely new and it just feels good to look at a newly made book

i do go to the library sometimes, to save money and stuff. library's are very useful, and i've gotten most of the older books i've read from the library.

but i do like bookstores more, but they are both very equally useful and fun for people who like to read. they are both a quite place to work and read, and they both hold many interesting stories for people to read. but bookstores are my choice biggrin  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:57 am
Hm...I'd have to say bookstores. They usually have the book you are looking for, if you are looking for one in specific. Yay for Barnes & Noble!^^

G O L ii A T H

Christine Alina

8,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:14 pm
I like both. specially if you don't have money on you to buy something the library is always the place for me to hang out and check out some good books.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:41 pm
I prefer bookstores especially borders because it's always the perfect temperature in them. Barnes and Noble is alright I suppose.

Oh and why I prefer bookstores, is because I hate library fines. They make me want to light my arms on fire and try to fly while hitting as many children as possible.  

DeMoNxDaVe

Katsody

Tipsy Bloodsucker

9,750 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Team Edward 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:52 pm
Well, first off, I have to say, anytime I walk into either a bookstore or a library with the intent of getting one book, I always end up spending at least half an hour. sweatdrop
But I prefer bookstores, mainly B&N, because a) they play some pretty neat soundtracks over the loud speakers that I like to read to, b) they have a Starbucks in there, and Starbucks = root beer and brownies, and c) I generally find it's quieter in my B&N than in my library. Go figure.
Plus, I like to keep my books (re: library fines are KILLER! I once racked up over $5 in fines.), and a lot of the time, I can't find the books I want at the library, like manga and books by popular authors.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:50 am
Definitely bookstore for me, I used to get so sad when I was little and I read books from the library and realized I didn't get to keep them. Actually I still have a few that the librarians let me keep because I took them out so many times. Now I stick with bookstores, used and new. I spend lots of money sweatdrop (Also I just found out the bookstore near our house is hiring! My dad says I might as well just sign my paychecks over to them...)  

wampus-kitty

Amy Pearl

7,150 Points
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Popular Thread 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:45 pm
wampus-kitty
Definitely bookstore for me, I used to get so sad when I was little and I read books from the library and realized I didn't get to keep them. Actually I still have a few that the librarians let me keep because I took them out so many times. Now I stick with bookstores, used and new. I spend lots of money sweatdrop (Also I just found out the bookstore near our house is hiring! My dad says I might as well just sign my paychecks over to them...)

AHAHAHAHA!! My friend said I might as well move into the library or bookstore.. xP  
Readers' and Writers' Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff