Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Republican Guild of Gaia [A Big Tent Republican Guild]

Back to Guilds

A Political-Debate Guild Aimed at Republican Users. 

Tags: republican, conservative, debate, politics, moderate 

Reply The Republican Guild of Gaia
A Republican Metal Band?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ab Aeterno-Ex Deo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:15 pm
Without water...

There is no mistaking their message, but it seems something is wrong here.
Avenged Sevenfold, a heavy metal band, came out with a new CD entitled "Avenged Sevenfold". The first track on this CD is called "Critical Acclaim".

Youtube link is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ED-u-G_DLI

But more importantly, aside from profanity which I must disclaim is in both links, here is the lyrics: http://www.songmeanings.net/lyric.php?lid=3530822107858681178

Now, this band is highly controversial. It seems almost that the lyrics to this song as well as their other heavily politically interpreted song M.I.A. will be seen in the light of who ever is reading them. Republicans think they are conservative. Independents think they are both. Democrats think they are liberals. So, oddly enough, as a republican, I think they are conservative. I have read through who knows how many comments about both those songs, and most people believe they are both A-political. M.I.A. maybe solely about supporting our troops, but this is spitting in the eye of democrats. Even if it is not a pro-Bush song, it is definitely anti-liberal.

... There is no life
I usualy dont care for them very much but, I love the message of this song  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:19 pm
Republicans are DEFINITELY conservative.  

Mousers09

Ab Aeterno-Ex Deo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:29 pm
Mousers09
Republicans are DEFINITELY conservative.
Without water...

Dude, that has nothing to do with what I am saying. I am using republican and conservative interchangeably, the argument is whether the band is a-political, conservative, or liberal.

... There is no life

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:34 pm
if they do turn out to be rities i will have to check out more than just "Bat(s**t) Country"  

Odin210

Latopazora

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:24 pm
I've always kinda liked Avenged Sevenfold, but now I have a whole new respect for them. After reading the lyrics and hearing the song, also the song Beast and the Harlot as well:
lyrics: http://www.sing365.com/music/lyric.nsf/Beast-And-The-Harlot-lyrics-Avenged-Sevenfold/42EA1CB47E51BAA548256FEF000CEE90
music video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiF9HswNMSg&feature=related  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:12 am
Watch the first part of the interview. Liberal dissage! blaugh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yey87zVX2Ds&feature=related

Yeah, I'm resurrecting a dead topic. I randomly ran across the interview and decided to post it.  

Kira84

XcoldhandsX

6,900 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:18 pm
I am a HUGE fan of A7X (Avenged Sevenfold PS: M. Shadow is awesome) and after listening to their album City of Evil a million times I am now very certain that they are a band that is strongly christian and most likely conservative. I have been listening to them for quite some time now.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:26 pm
Just read the reviews for the song on itunes and it says that A7X has stated that they are not going to become a polotical band and never will (yet I assume they will still continue to toss their political beliefs into lyrics every now and then anyways)  

XcoldhandsX

6,900 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100

Lord Bitememan
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:30 pm
I actually had a discussion with some people before about conservatives in metal. Apparently there's a lot more than one might think.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:52 pm
Metal bands are big on expressing general conservative views even if they don't realize it. A big topic for Metal Bands is people being manipulated or controlled by government. The whole idea of government being a puppet master and the people being puppets is a huge topic. Here's a good example of a very generally conservative metal song. The band is a death metal band known as Beneath the Massacre and the song is Society's Disposable Son.

The air is humid and the floor’s cold. Prisoner. Crime unknown. Prisoner.
Awaiting my sentence. Society’s disposable son. Outcast. Grown apart.
Institutionalized since day one. Society’s unwanted son.
Raised by emotionless TV screen, this is everyone’s crime.
Go ahead pull the trigger if this is how you want it.
Anywhere but here is where I want to be right now.
I am the reflection of your mad world and system.
Anywhere but here is where I want to be right now.
Go ahead pull the trigger on your own creation.
When I’ll leave, I’ll watch you right in the eyes.
Society’s disposable son. Outcast. Grown apart. The air is humid and the floor is cold.
Prisoner. Crime unknown. Sentenced, leaving with my eyes wide open

Seems like a very general conservative message mixed with death metal lyrics and creativity.  

XcoldhandsX

6,900 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
The Republican Guild of Gaia

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items