Welcome to Gaia! ::

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Back to Guilds

This is a writer's guild where all can gather for feedback and advice on all mediums of writing. Plus it's a great place for conversation. 

Tags: Writing, Writer, Writer's Block, Critiques, Friends 

Reply Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild
Hytheira--An Intro to a novel.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Blond_Sakura

Mega Member

8,700 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • Flatterer 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:33 pm
Hytheira
The Legend of The Ocean City

Hytheira...the city that fell. Once a prosperous nation, it was destroyed, its people slaughtered and its legend deflated. Only a few survived the seige, but none have been seen for hundreds of years. Some believe the divine beings known as Hytheirans are extinct. The fall of Hytheira began the fall of the prosperous country known as Terrack, now merely a divided wasteland. The fight to save the magic has begun.

Welcome to the Province of Terrack, south of the Dragon Lands, west of the East, East of the Black Sea and north of Zutrec. Terrack is a land with no king and no law. It remains wild. Long ago, Terrack was one. One country with one King. But, for nearly one thousand years, it remains unruled and divided, the Immortals pushed to the wilderness of the North, and the Mortals residing in the proserous South. The Mortals have forgotten their Immortal cousins altogether, and pass them off as legends and childrens' tales, and monsters. However, with the naiive, there are the smart. The Sorcerrers, magic users, Healers, Immigrants and the Witches both good and evil, believe, fear, and conquer. Over the past few centuries, the Mortals have begun to explore the North and discover its secrets, its people, its lands, and its unknown Magic.
Southern children are taught these tales as if they are true. An excerpt from a Southern lecturer states "Immortals are an evil people (if you call them a people), and they must be destroyed. If one finds you, kill it, for if you don't, it will you. They will kill anything it sees as prey." This is partly true, for Beasts do such things. Immortals were mostly hunted for sport by their cousins, until a few brave, but stupid mortals discovered Immortals obtain more magic and wisdom, and their hatred has made them much more dangerous than ever before. The two sides bitterly hate each other, and Mortals have nightmares about the monsters they call Immortals.They have stereotyped each other. The two are opposites, but, wherever there is black and white, there are shades of grey. Some Immortals and Mortals are allies, but their numbers are sparse, and they live like fugitives.
Thorn and Troy are currently in the North, the part of Terrack which the Mortals fear the most. They came for the adventure, the wide open spaces, and the magic filled air. They expected to meet some Immortals. Whether they would fight with them or ally with them, they didn't care. They did get their wish. Their simple lives are turned upside down when they literally stumble on a mysterious boy, bloodied and near death. A whirlwind of events brings brings them to the Black forest, and quickly they are surrounded by their opposite and enemy, the Vampires.
Only the ignorant Mortals defied the Immortals existance--the small villages, the peasants--all have never seen the North. They have never seen its beauty...and its dangers. These two Mortals will soon discover that there is no good and evil...only differences. And anything else is false.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:54 pm
Oooooooooh. Sexay.

Now, I realy hope this is no part of the story, because that tiny amount of detail is un-fair.

WRITE MORE DAMMIT!!!

heart

Fascin-ating.  

KirbyVictorious

The Duchess Grey

Astounding Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:03 pm
Sounds good, though I hope this is just an intro thing. There needs to be lots more detail if this is the actual book.

You got me interested though. More please! biggrin  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:24 pm
don't worry, i just wrote this on a whim. it's just an intro. i have part of the prolouge ready for posting. i had a better intro written...but I can't find it! i think this has changed since you last read it...i changed it to an old one i found. i think both give a pretty good idea of the theme of the story. I will have the prolouge posted shortly. biggrin  

Blond_Sakura

Mega Member

8,700 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • Flatterer 200
  • Tycoon 200

The Duchess Grey

Astounding Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:28 pm
Oh ok, cool. I can't wait to read it.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:32 pm
shadow_wolf3173
Oh ok, cool. I can't wait to read it.
biggrin  

Blond_Sakura

Mega Member

8,700 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • Flatterer 200
  • Tycoon 200

Blond_Sakura

Mega Member

8,700 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • Flatterer 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:00 pm
look in the sub forum "works in progress". it's posted there.
please excuse the typos..i havn't had time to look over it yet. XD  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:20 pm
almost done the prolouge. new timbit up. yay. its a bit long.  

Blond_Sakura

Mega Member

8,700 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • Flatterer 200
  • Tycoon 200
Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items