Reply Facial & Oral Piercings
Nose piercing healing problems

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bella Pietra

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:08 pm
Ok, my fiance had her nose pierce for almost a year and a half. On and off it bothered her even to the point of bleeding. I know for a fact that she touched the damn thing too much and because her skin(and body in general) is so sensitive it probably got iriitated often. Now its out and hopefully healing well. Shes got a smallish bump there where the jewelry was. So I got two questions:

Is there anything we can do to help the current hole to close cleanly so her face isnt scarred? Shes cleaning it when she washes her face and being careful with the makeup, but anything else?

Also, she LOVED that piercing and since she had to loose her tounge ring for work, and her n****e ring for irritation she now feels naked, any suggestions for repiercing? Maybe not to? Anything helps, I've never had that pierced so I cant help her sad  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:14 am
To reduce scarring, just use normal methods that you'd use for things like that . They have scar-reducing creams(mederma I believe) or I've heard cocoa butter works well. Just take good care of it and don't pick at it or mess with it. That will make scarring worse.

As for re-piercing... if she wants to get it done, I'd suggest getting it done on the opposite side to avoid the scar tissue.  

popcornsharingbox

Bella Pietra

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:21 am
~Eurydice~
To reduce scarring, just use normal methods that you'd use for things like that . They have scar-reducing creams(mederma I believe) or I've heard cocoa butter works well. Just take good care of it and don't pick at it or mess with it. That will make scarring worse.

As for re-piercing... if she wants to get it done, I'd suggest getting it done on the opposite side to avoid the scar tissue.

Yeah I figured as much. Its been a few days and at least its not red anymore, so hopefully it'll be normal again soon. Thanks biggrin  
Facial & Oral Piercings

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games