Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
Forced to give 'thanks'. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dirty Dirty Shisno

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:03 pm
dude. No offensive but, your a freaking p***y. I give thanks all the time. Sure I feel a little crazy for talking to my parents imaginary friend but hey, they talked to mine when I was younger. Hell, they even let me get away with some s**t and sometimes gave me double portions of dinner for him. So yeah, other than feeling a bit crazy just say, dear god thanks for the food we really appreciate these things dying so we may live. That's my go to prayer. wink  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:35 pm
Rilian
Seriously. Does your dad understand how many stars there are? He sounds really ignorant.

Of course he understands how many stars there are.
My father, like many Christians who are otherwise very intelligent people, let this thing called "faith" trump their reason and the knowledge they glean from observation. So desperate to believe, they willingly fall for fallacy, and find evidence for whatever they desire where there is none.

I pity him, I despise him, and I love him at the same time. I don't think I've ever had such a complicated relationship as I do with my father. But that's another story............

Dirty Dirty Shisno
dude. No offensive but, your a freaking p***y. I give thanks all the time. Sure I feel a little crazy for talking to my parents imaginary friend but hey, they talked to mine when I was younger. ... wink

See, there's a difference between you and me. My folks know I don't believe that s**t, and because of that they wouldn't ask me to say grace. I wouldn't play along with their silly game because I have some integrity and I'd stand up for myself.

What's the use in name calling anyhow?... and then saying that you don't mean to be offensive. That's like punching someone in the eye and saying, "Oh, I didn't mean to hurt you. Just ignore that please."  

Edi Gammon

Ozraptor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:56 pm
I should've said:

"Thank you Mr./Mrs. Cow for being ruthlessly slaughtered and mangled so i can eat your meat, and gain nutrients.Amen."

The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff