RAOK

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CokePixie
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 6:41 pm
do you guys remember RAOK, which stands for Random Act Of Kindness? It always kind of boggles me how mean and heartless people can be to one another. 20 years ago if you saw someone on the side of the road you pulled over and offered them a ride, but now? Now you're SOL, doesn't matter how cold it is or where you are people would rather drive right past you, why the ******** should they help you? You're not friends, you're not family, for all they know you're a rapist who murders preschoolers on your way to knock over a liquor store.

I know there's alot of evil in this world but... i was always taught that when someone's in trouble you should help them if you can.

here's what i'm getting at, this guy came into my work, he was completely out of gas, barely even made it into the station, and he's lost his wallet. He's pretty much stranded here and he's trying to call someone to come help him out, but he can't get a hold of anyone. So as i'm watching this guy i just felt really really bad. What if that was me? What if i was stuck at some gas station and i couldn't get ahold of anyone? So i told the guy i'd buy him 10 bucks worth of gas and i swear you should have seen the look on his face. It was almost comical, he looked at me like "...what's the catch?" and he didn't accept right away either. He tried calling a few more people and i just told him "look, i really don't mind, the way i see it people aren't kind enough to each other and if i were ever in your position i would really hope that someone would help me out." So i gave him ten bucks, bummed him a cigarette, and said "hey have a good night man"

I know i'm rambling and all but... i guess it just felt really good to do something nice for someone else, someone i've never met and may never see again. Not because i'll get anything in return but because i'm a good person.

I just wanna believe that there are still good people in the world. neutral  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 6:53 pm
Awwww that's very good of you....if only everybody in this world was so kind. Like if guys treat girls like s**t and if girls wouldn't be bitches to their boyfriends....or guys won't treat their boyfriends like s**t and girls are nice to their girlfriends (Gay people count too)....I don't even know why they do it. >.<  

XoKittyBabyoX

punkarama
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 6:18 am
People are so self centered it's disgusting. One day while I was still working at sears I was running one of the tills and I started having a panic attack (completely random and out of nowhere ... but I knew it was one because I had had one before, and because I've learned all about them for the last 4 years). I was on the phone with my supervisor telling him that he needed to get somebody over here because I needed to go home ... I was telling him that my heart was palpatating I couldn't breath, I was running a fever, and I was just freaking out. I said it way loud thinking that people would be nice and offer to go to another line or something ... but nobody did, so I had to sit there for like 10 minutes ringing people through while my hands were shaking and I felt like I was going to die.

I realy love helping poeple out, you get such a great feelings, and its like you said ... if I was in that situation I would want somebody to do the same for me.  
You might be here.

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games