Welcome to Gaia! ::

GGN Moderators' Guild - NOW OPEN

Back to Guilds

We are a guild of Captains, Vice Captains, and Crew helping out those of similar rank in need and working with developers to improve guilds. 

Tags: Captain, Vice Captain, Crew 

Reply Resources & Discussion
Ask the Admin

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:57 am

Okay, I tried this in another guild, and it failed, misserably. No thanks to Churrlo for helping or hurting it. stare

ANYWAY, thought I'd try it here too.

Basically, we all post our more serious questions here, and then we all, if we can, post them in the AtA thread come Monday and hope to get answered.

Now, I have a list of like 14 or so, and the AtA regulars know that, and hate me for my 'huge list of questions'. gonk Some are more comments. crying

Anyway, I think it may be best and most benificial if I just edit this post with all the questions, and not add my own, and not post them. (If the regulars already know me... I'm sure the admin already have thier opinions on me. sweatdrop )

Ya... so that may be best. Just to give you a heads up (since this is a guild for people fully engulfed in the GGN) I do have a section, my first section, for GGN questions. If you want to see them I'll show you, but it may be best for you to not since if your look too much like mine there may be problems. Or, if you guys don't scare the devs and admin like I do, it would be best for you to not omit questions that are similar to mine.

List is coded, so it's easy copy and paste.

List:

[list]
[*]
[*]
[/list]

~Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:13 am
let's try the mass pm'ing for guild captains again- and suggest that a fee of 500g be assessed the guild treasury for each one sent- this will help limit the amount of pm's sent- be sure to put down that we only want guild captains to be able to mass pm from the guild membership.  

mamarita

Generous Guildswoman

Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:10 pm

500g per PM, no matter how many members it's being sent to?

Small guilds with just a page or two of people they can abuse they system with, compared to a guild with hundreds of pages of people to send to all for the same price?

One guild could send out 10 PMs if every member donated one gold, while for one PM to a different guild every member would need to donate 5 gold.

Wouldn't that make it way too abusable for the guilds that have tons of members, and could chage a few K for adding a link to a shop to the PM?

~Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:35 am
Can't charge current members anything to join or stay in a guild. If the captains want to use the system, they better be sure the gold is in the treasury to be used!  

mamarita

Generous Guildswoman

Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:20 pm

I was a metafor thing or something, used to explain how unbalanced a flat rate for any sized guild seemed.

I just think that unless it's charged per member little guilds will whine about being hated by Gaia, pointing to things like the spotlight (Odd though, since the spotlight hasn't had a poll guild in it yet).

With a flat rate little guilds get hurt, and big guilds would be more inclined to over use the PM feature.

~Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:18 am
~I can slay my own dragons, I can dream my own dreams.~

Ah, but people who get those abusive pm's will start quitting the guilds because they get annoyed with the tons of massive pm's. I think it might all work out in the end.

~My knight in shining armor is me.~

MemoryDragon

Witty Lunatic

mamarita

Generous Guildswoman

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 2:43 pm
Captains won't abuse the system, really. If they have something they want everyone to know, then they pm... it's not going to be like chain letters!  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:12 pm
~I can slay my own dragons, I can dream my own dreams.~

Oh, I wouldn't bet on that. There are some pretty stupid people out there. It is, after all, the one constant of the universe, other than hydrogen. Human stupidity. But, making it cost money would hopefully discourage that a little.

~My knight in shining armor is me.~

MemoryDragon

Witty Lunatic

Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:03 am

Would 500g discourage anyone from sending 50 of the PMs a day?

If the PMs are abused too much too fast people won't have a chance to quit before thier reall PMs are vanished from thier inbox, and if there are too many complaints, 'just quit the guild' won't work to convinse the admin to not charge 10K per PM wether it's to 1 member or 5K, or take them out for good.

~Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:52 pm
I think if a subforum costs 2500g... a mass PM to members should cost at least 1k for a general amount or maybe even something along the lines of.. 3-5 per member. The admins could use the "guild bank" money that is currently usable to make more subforums the source of this money and that way, people will try to limit the amount they send out so that they can keep the costs down cause money DOES eventually run out.  

churrlo

Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:33 pm

The AtA should start in either 30 minutes, or an hour and 30 minutes. (DST has confused me and contnues to do so)

~Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:26 pm

I got a few questions answered, none of the GGN ones though. If I can try to not add to the list it will be smaller for next week. I also revised the GGN questions, and it looks as though I'm starting to see how to get answered without pissing too many people off. sweatdrop

~Metalic_Noodles

Metalic_Noodles

Resources & Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces