Welcome to Gaia! ::

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Back to Guilds

This is a writer's guild where all can gather for feedback and advice on all mediums of writing. Plus it's a great place for conversation. 

Tags: Writing, Writer, Writer's Block, Critiques, Friends 

Reply Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild
c l o c k w o r k

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

d e s d e m o n o
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:06 am
There is a certain detachment in her fingers as she types in short quick bursts between the long and not-quite-empty spaces of conception. They are unfamiliarly clumsy, their awkwardness surprising in stark contrast with her usual sure movements, slowed and slipped by the late night unreality, but still earnest though it's been hours since they were lax; untaxed. If she were paying attention, she would rest them, flex them for a relievingly painful moment, but she has eyes only for the harsh bright screen where narrow text pulses softly through the distortion of a sleepy brain.

She is not exactly happy, programming in the dark. It isn't a joking prediction she ever expected to make good on, but there it is. She is lightheaded and tired and stunningly aware of only one sensation; smooth plastic against the fevered fingertips, and that's enough when she spells out compile, lips moving soundless to match her fingers though she doesn't realize it, and every perfect indented line becomes a perfect cog in her grand machine.

She makes no celebratory move against all the heavy air pressing in around her tightly coiled form except for a small hissing release of tight-held breath. She is not exactly happy; but the precise movements of her creation make it worth it, this regular magic like science. No; not even as precious- precarious - as science, closer to machinery, mindless in the depths beneath the ever shifting infinity of numbers. Not mindless; meaningless. Meaningless - she gropes for a word - like clockwork.
Clockwork.

She's going insane. She's going to sleep.

a/n: Um. No idea why I wrote this. Mostly an exercise in style, I guess. Thoughts?  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:40 pm
This is how I feel when I write at two in the morning. (:  

KirbyVictorious

Galladonsfire

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:17 pm
I do like the imagery in the first and second paragraphs. They really made a deep impression of what it feels like when one is semi-conscious when working really hard. They wouldn't realize it only till they thought about it and this was captured well at that point. Nice Job!  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:02 pm
^ Thank you.
^^ =D In some ways writing at 2:00 a.m. and programming at 2:00 a.m. are very similar.  

d e s d e m o n o
Crew

BlackHawkGS

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:15 pm
Yeah, that's what I feel like when I'm typing late at night, nothing but the glow of the computer screen to light the area and my eyes are transfixed on that little screen...

Hell, it makes me feel like I'm going insane too xd You just get dizzy after too long.  
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 9:59 pm
Indeed. Must... find... water... no... must... implement... NPC... #... 2812389132...  

d e s d e m o n o
Crew

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces