Welcome to Gaia! ::

GGN Moderators' Guild - NOW OPEN

Back to Guilds

We are a guild of Captains, Vice Captains, and Crew helping out those of similar rank in need and working with developers to improve guilds. 

Tags: Captain, Vice Captain, Crew 

Reply Resources & Discussion
I got a reply from the lead developer about the idea we had Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

We may not have gotten a definitive answer,,,, but...
  we got an answer - that's more than we got before!
View Results

Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 6:45 pm

ooo, you can send 2 mass PMs a month (bi weekly), or pay 10g per member that is sent PMs after that. 3nodding

Pilot-I think tht's how we all feel.

WO, nice, I love the Captain's guild links. heart And the GGN mod link.

But for someone who's just crew, I think that version would loose appeal.
Why would you need a link to the mmeber list where there is one near the mod panel button?
Accually, crew would only see the join requests and the invite members links wouldn't they?
And the forums thing, would make the page loooong for the subforum heavy guilds. (think 50+)
Maybe a link to make a guild PM, and in it's place a box to invite members?
Oh, and could join requests just be notifications, like near PM, but the link always just take you to the join requests page? (yes, adding suggestion for a feature) and if you want the notifications (crew and up can get them) you just use a thing in your profile or guild's mod pannel?

For a captain, I really like that page, but for crew it would be less of a change.

~Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:52 pm
Metalic_Noodles

ooo, you can send 2 mass PMs a month (bi weekly), or pay 10g per member that is sent PMs after that. 3nodding

Oh, and could join requests just be notifications, like near PM, but the link always just take you to the join requests page? (yes, adding suggestion for a feature) and if you want the notifications (crew and up can get them) you just use a thing in your profile or guild's mod pannel?

~Metalic_Noodles

Exactly!

As for the Join request notifications, I love the idea.  

Mishikotoko

churrlo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 7:36 pm
I really like what you suggested WO! It's really cool ^^ and I like the ideas of metallic, about having the requests be a notification blaugh It'd make things way easier ^^

I do really like the idea of limiting the amount you get per month. In a way, it kind of helps make it more appealing to the staff behind it (and to Gaia's servers) and it makes it more appealing to members who worry about being spammed. This guild has really come together in trying to push reform blaugh I'm proud of you guys ^^  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:11 pm
I think that a serious guild network reform is in the works. There will definetly be a huge increase in guild activity when the MMO comes out. They will need to change things to keep up.  

Naryx

Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:22 am
Lord_tasbo_tavoc
I think that a serious guild network reform is in the works.

DUH

Admins and devs have been saying that the admins are planning to have the devs rehaul the GGN from the code up, for years. :/

Where have you been?

Most recently it's been mentioned in a few AtAs.

~Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:36 am
Metalic_Noodles
Lord_tasbo_tavoc
I think that a serious guild network reform is in the works.

DUH

Admins and devs have been saying that the admins are planning to have the devs rehaul the GGN from the code up, for years. :/

Where have you been?

Most recently it's been mentioned in a few AtAs.

~Metalic_Noodles
lol I dont keep up with these things. I just made the connection  

Naryx

BlueCowGirl

Questionable Millionaire

6,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:40 am
I totally love the idea of a mass Pm for the guilds
it's a pain in the butt to send out one Pm to each person individual...
and I know my guild would only use the mass Pm like once every 2 months or so...
probably only when we throw a big contest or something.

this is something that they should totally do!

and i think the crew should have just as much power with sending the Pm's as do the captains and vice captains...
Me (a V.C.) and the captain are in college and alot of times just leave it to a mod to watch over things, but were also lucky cause our guild takes care of itself and don't cause trouble.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:11 pm
BlueCowGirl
I totally love the idea of a mass Pm for the guilds
it's a pain in the butt to send out one Pm to each person individual...
and I know my guild would only use the mass Pm like once every 2 months or so...
probably only when we throw a big contest or something.

this is something that they should totally do!

and i think the crew should have just as much power with sending the Pm's as do the captains and vice captains...
Me (a V.C.) and the captain are in college and alot of times just leave it to a mod to watch over things, but were also lucky cause our guild takes care of itself and don't cause trouble.

If you think your crew can handle the abilities, why not just promote them to VC, or make a VC mule for the crew to share?

~Metalic_Noodles

Metalic_Noodles

BlueCowGirl

Questionable Millionaire

6,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:49 pm
Metalic_Noodles
BlueCowGirl

If you think your crew can handle the abilities, why not just promote them to VC, or make a VC mule for the crew to share?

~Metalic_Noodles

It took me a couple of months to get the Captin to get another VP to fill in with us.... I don't think giving them all VC ranking would go over will, ,also it's cause I worked my a** off for the job, therefor in his eyes i should have that title,
Not saying they don't do alot, cause they do, but a ranking for us means something.  
Resources & Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff