Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Hunter's Hall: A World of Warcraft Guild!

Back to Guilds

Reply The Hunter's Hall
Paladins...which is better?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tristful

Demonic Kitten

16,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:58 am
Say, what is better??

Ret
or
Protection

Because me and my friend are both pallies........

............i think ret is better but he thinks Protection is better

Please answer me!!  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:37 am
Well the answer is simple. I used to play a pally but they got boring. playing a pally is all about how you want to go.

Retribution: Strong soloing spec. Good for damage. Probably the best spec a pally can go for DPS, but pallys have the worst DPS in the game. they get some nice abilities. And pretty hard to kill.

Protection: Tanking spec. Not so hot on the Damage meter but you can generate enough aggro to keep mobs 3 levels higher than you. they get one of the best pally buffs ever. *Blessing of kings* If you don't like dying and want to get the most out of your armor. Protection is for you.

Holy: Healer spec. Worst damage for a pally spec. More than half the time
your going to be wearing cloth. Now they get some awesome heals, and some holy pallys heals can be better than priest heals. Don't expect to do much else. Worse Soloing spec. but look at it this way. as long as you have mana. you won't die.

I hope that helped out.  

Kiutogi

Johannes Alexander

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:54 am
Ret: DPS spec, good for large raids, strict gear dependence, low mana pool, little mana regen(your going to have to chug mana potions), mainly 2h used
primary stats for Ret: stam, str, agi, crit rating

Prot: good for tanking multiple mobs, AoE farming, sometimes shares gear with warriors, 1h and shield only(that is if you want to be any good as a tank)
Primary stats as prot: +spell dmg, stam, int, spell crit, block rating  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:26 am
I prefer Prot spec, but that's because people are in dire need of tanks. I would stay a ret/prot hybrid until lvl 58, then spec prot or holy so you can tank/heal the outland instances. Same with my Hunter, I stayed BM for questing until lvl 58, then re-specced to Marks as soon ans I could run Ramparts. DPS classes are in abundance, but people ALWAYS need tanks. There's a reason your class trainer allows you to re-spec.  

Loyal2-1

xXRhinomanXx

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:34 pm
Deffinetly Ret because the Warrior is a much better tank if it has the right talents  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:37 pm
if you wanna be good at pvping go ret, you practically cant die x.x lol  

LaKenzie

Quix0tica

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:16 pm
ret is best but id go prot to tank  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:40 am
ok ima voice my opinyin......even to it will make alot of you mad
the only good pally is a dead pally. my reson for saying this....i`ve bean pvped bout 100 times by blood elf pallys......  

cloud read

O.G. Gekko

8,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
The Hunter's Hall

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items