Welcome to Gaia! ::

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Back to Guilds

This is a writer's guild where all can gather for feedback and advice on all mediums of writing. Plus it's a great place for conversation. 

Tags: Writing, Writer, Writer's Block, Critiques, Friends 

Reply Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild
This is a story. Well, part of a story.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Xahmen
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:28 pm
Whoever said "Life Sucks" was an a*****e.
Life doesn't "suck", nor does it "blow", or any of those other ******** cute things professional cynics like to say.
Life just "is".
Life just is what it "is", and nothing else, and no amount of bitching will make it any different.

However, despite this train of thought, Jason Leventhal couldn't figure why it never seemed to work out for him. Yes, he had good days to counter his bad days, and yes, he had a wife, two sons, and a well-paying job; all of these things didn't make things any better when it came to how he felt on the inside.

"Mr. Leventhal, there's a Mr. Alehandro here to see you."
"Send him in Sheila."

Mr. Alehandro was one of the weasly looking men who, if rubbed the wrong way, would unhinge their jaws and attempt to consume whatever was offending them.
It seemed that Jason had rubbed him so far the wrong way that he had, in fact, inadvertantly managed to rub him the right way*.
"Mr. Leventhal, what a pleasure it is to finally meet you."

Jason stared numbly at the man standing in front of his desk.
"How uh... How can I help you?"

Mr. Alehandro smiled** and pulled a chair up, his knees cracking as he sat down. "Let's discuss things."
"What type of things?"
"Things involving what will happen to your youngest son if I walk out of this office unhappy."

*Assuming you follow the theory of the curvature of the universe, imagine a coward running so far way from a conflict that at the end of it all he's managed to gallop bravely from the direction of the battle, hailed as hero and rather confused as to just how he managed to put that sword in the heart of the very same dragon he'd been trying to avoid all day.

**Like a shark, if a shark was missing most of his teeth and smelled a bit like the hindside of a sick walrus***.

***There's a story about the origins of the walrus, not your typical evolution story, but instead a bit more interesting, involving angry Gods, and an unpleasant but very romantic romp between a seal and a lion.

More to come later, I will miss Terry Pratchett when he dies.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:55 pm
Zahmen's back! *Confetti*

The asterisk comments were a nice touch, especially the origin of the Walrus xd

And you usually leave a cliffhanger for us in these... so start finishing them scream Hope you stick around for awhile. We needed a little bit of Zahmen to balance out the Kirbyness.  

BlackHawkGS

KirbyVictorious

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:05 pm
gonk  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:18 pm
rofl hahaha Kirby!

The notes are very nice. Quite hilarious.

And the story is... interesting.
Work and cleanup and this could get veeery enjoyable. *except for all the cussing... rofl *  

Serenity Reed
Crew

Galladonsfire

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:12 am
Hell! If we didn't have cussing we wouldn't have Ethics now would we? pirate  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:09 am
The use of the curvature theory had my heart. heart

Even more so was the description of Mr. Alehandro (which, is a rather fun name to say, if I do say so myself.)

And you have fed a little into my intrests with this story of a walrus.

Asterisks seem a little more you, then a traditional footnote.

I like it all just the same.  

Tak-Jak
Vice Captain

d e s d e m o n o
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 3:18 pm
xd I was reading the footnotes and then I started thinking "okay there is no way Pratchett didn't inspire these. NO WAY."  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 7:12 pm
This made me so happy I think I just died a little inside. You are above harping. Wish the Chemistry textbook had footnotes like yours.  

Voxxx

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff