Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
So what do you think is after death? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[The Looney Bin]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:33 pm
CaprinaePsi
[The Looney Bin]

After death there is decomposition.

End of story.

Not always. What if you're eaten by an animal? Or if you're burned to point where you're just ashes? OR if you're frozen? I mean sure, there's a chance the ice will melt, but what if you die in the north pole? Then, your body would most likely stay frozen until the planet is destroyed.

See, death doesn't always lead to decomposition.
The dinosaurs are returning...

Eventually after continental drift or global warming my frozen corpse would end up melted and decomposed.
And I don't really plan on going to the North Pole when I'm about to die.
Getting eaten by an animal is part of decomposition.
Because then I'd come out in droppings and decompose.

But the burning =/.

I'm not too sure if there's any nutrients in ashes to decompose.
So you win that one D<.

...and they want their oil back.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:38 pm
[The Looney Bin]
CaprinaePsi
[The Looney Bin]

After death there is decomposition.

End of story.

Not always. What if you're eaten by an animal? Or if you're burned to point where you're just ashes? OR if you're frozen? I mean sure, there's a chance the ice will melt, but what if you die in the north pole? Then, your body would most likely stay frozen until the planet is destroyed.

See, death doesn't always lead to decomposition.
The dinosaurs are returning...

Eventually after continental drift or global warming my frozen corpse would end up melted and decomposed.
And I don't really plan on going to the North Pole when I'm about to die.
Getting eaten by an animal is part of decomposition.
Because then I'd come out in droppings and decompose.

But the burning =/.

I'm not too sure if there's any nutrients in ashes to decompose.
So you win that one D<.

...and they want their oil back.

Well once you're eaten, technically, it's not your body anymore. It's just crap. So therefore, you're not decomposing, the crap is.

Ahah! >D  

CaprinaePsi

Asterisk07

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:55 pm

When you die there will be nothing, now when I say this I mean you will not be able to see, touch, hear, smell, or taste anything, you will not dream but....just NOTHING!!! It will be as if you dont exist because thats basically whats happening  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:03 pm
Personally, I believe in the whole reincarnation. I've never believed in the heaven or hell since I was like seven maybe. I think its just a whole load of bull crap.

I think that with the reincarnation we will change to an animal or the opposite gender, but maybe thats just me, I think it would be kinda awesome to be a wolf, I've heard a lot about the reincarnation.
I don't know maybe its just my theory.

Mule 0_o

Reichkovich

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:54 pm
So, you want to know what's after death? I'll let you in on the secret: it's Sunshine, Lollipops, and Rainbows.

Yep, apparently it's God's favorite song. Don't bother questioning his taste either, you've got an eternity to spend listening to that song. Learn to love it!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:06 am
What do I think is after death?

Well first of all there will be no thinking after death since your brain, which you use to think, will cease to do it's job. The only "me" that will exist will be in the thoughts of other people, and in the genes of any offspring I should have. And after I'm dead, hopefully they will go on with the rest of the world.

So thinking about what happens to oneself after death is quite meaningless in my opinion... But thinking about what you have done for others that effect them after you are dead is profound.

I forget who said this, and i might not have it exactly right but I like it a lot:

What's there to fear of death?
I had been dead for billions of years before I was born and it didn't bother me a bit.  

Edi Gammon

Faeletti

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:11 pm
I think there's absolutely nothing, although I do believe in ghosts and the supernatural. So I think that most people just decompose and feel nothing, unless they have unfinished business.  
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff