Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

have some free gold
  yay
  boo
View Results

aureenc

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:37 am
This actually turned out to be my best piece to date. Definitely worked the hardest on this assignment out of any other drawing I have done.

But why Converses, you may ask? Well if you've noticed in a lot of my earlier drawings from around 2003-2005 in Deviantart galleries or my earlier stuff from before I registered, a lot of my characters wore converse-style shoes, but my weakness in drawing those were the rendering of the laces and the lace holes and since I still draw converses on most of my characters, I might as well learn to draw one from life and kill two birds with one stone.

Took me about two weeks to finish this. There's hella parts I could still improve on, but nonetheless, I love this picture.

This was done solely with charcoal pencil with a kneaded eraser to lighten some parts up on Strathmore drawing paper.

User Image

It's pretty much done, but if I can get some critiques on this one, it would be helpful too. lol  
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 12:27 pm
Hey, nice nice. That's an impressive still life. Really, there isn't too much to improve on, though it does look a bit greyed out...so maybe darker darks and lighter lights, but on the whole bravisimo. Hehe. Only thing that gets me is that shoelace on the front shoe. The loop that's hanging? That dark outline just looks strange. I know it's a shadow, but it looks off.

Use that as a portfolio piece if it's big enough/you're not allready in college. Hehe. They love that stuff.

I hate doing still lives on my own. It's sooo...dry. Good job, keeping it good quality after two weeks!  

K33n

ilikefrozenpeas

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:18 pm
whee OMG ur converse is super uber real!!!!!!!!!
god iam so impatient w/ still life
U ROK mrgreen  
The Anime Art Academy

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces