Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

insolitus naturae

6,750 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:37 pm
so my friends and i finally got to do our first suspensions, courtesy of piercer matte from fairfield and a very nice guy we met on modblog. it was amazing.

pics here:
http://s184.photobucket.com/albums/x306/uncopasetic/suspension/

i'm doing the resurrection - i had to have my head supported because i have a bad back and neck, but other than that it was amazing and everything i hoped it to be!

SO happy!  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:47 pm
Pretty intense for a first one. =3

Congrats!  

dagon is a gloomy bear
Crew

Lonely Lunatic

insolitus naturae

6,750 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:27 pm
`dagon
Pretty intense for a first one. =3

Congrats!

thanks! that's what matte said too, but that part of my body hurts the least when pulled than any other part. i definitely intend to do it again next time, hopefully without head support.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:07 am
Awesome! I am going to do a resurrection suspension when I'm ready for it. So beautiful!

What was all of it like?  

popcornsharingbox

insolitus naturae

6,750 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:02 am
~Eurydice~
Awesome! I am going to do a resurrection suspension when I'm ready for it. So beautiful!

What was all of it like?

getting my hooks thrown was probably the most painful part. i think i'm more prone to comfort in a resurrection than most people though - when i was talking to matte (the piercer who did our suspensions) he said that most people can't stay up on their first resurrection for very long. and our friend ben, who's done quite a few suspensions, couldn't stay up in a res. he said it restricted his breathing too much, and felt too intense.
buuuut it felt pretty awesome once i was off the ground. i kinda just zoned out and listened to music for about twenty minutes. my head was being held because i have a bad neck, but next time around i'll be completely unsupported. i wasn't up for very long because we were running out of time (and daylight) but it's quite the sensation. and going up wasn't so bad, took about three minutes and the pain was minimal. the higher up you go, the less pain there is until it disappears. having your feet drag on the ground while you go up SUCKS though.
and be sure that when you come down, you hold onto the rig and pull your body close! that was my huge mistake - coming down HURT, even though they were lowering me smoothly, and i was too stupid and stubborn to grab the rig and let it ease up. i really do suggest doing that though.

unless you're at a suscon or something where they use real belay devices and climbing rope. then lowering probably won't be so bad. but if it's just standard rope and a pulley, i definitely suggest holding onto the rig. let the piercer know ahead of time so he can bring a longer rig though. we wound up using the one normally used for suicides, and the only reason that worked was because we cut the original idea down by two hooks.

aaaaand...that's about it. felt pretty buzzed afterwards, having the hooks taken out was cake, and i didn't get much air trapped under the skin so we didn't have to work it for very long. did get a few rice krispies the first couple of days, and i could NOT stop playing with those!

tell us when you do yours! and if you do a 6pt, you're definitely more badass - i would NOT have been able to go up if i had the lower hooks in. having them thrown would probably hurt too damn much!  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:44 pm
I'm jellous of all these suspensions going on I wanna go up! Resurrection thats hard core I couldn't imagine going up like that.  

Kingshortpants

insolitus naturae

6,750 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:45 pm
Kingshortpants
I'm jellous of all these suspensions going on I wanna go up! Resurrection thats hard core I couldn't imagine going up like that.

it wasn't as bad as i though it would be, but i figure that's the case with any suspension. and that part just felt...right, y'know?

going up again next month! hope you get to fly soon too biggrin  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:20 pm
I went to this metal show once and these guys called Only Flesh did a Hangman and played tug of war with it.

It was ********.  

Taigeku

iPandification

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:11 pm
I don't really see why people like those piercings.
No offense, but.. I don't like them a lot.

What is the point, really?
I mean.. do you wear the hooks in your back and ribs all the time?
o _ o;

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:52 pm
@Rawr:

Suspension hooks only stay in for the duration of the suspension.  

mammary gland

Extreme & Ritual Modification

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff