Welcome to Gaia! ::

GGN Moderators' Guild - NOW OPEN

Back to Guilds

We are a guild of Captains, Vice Captains, and Crew helping out those of similar rank in need and working with developers to improve guilds. 

Tags: Captain, Vice Captain, Crew 

Reply Resources & Discussion
Marketplace Update!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Did they do a good thing?
  Yes
  No
View Results

churrlo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:33 pm
So what do you all think of the marketplace update?? I REALLY think that it's going to revolve some of the big issues we've been having with the marketplace blaugh I was pretty happy when I heard that they'll be getting rid of the ability to cancel auctions, maybe people will seriously consider what they're doing now blaugh But also the fact that they are... attempting to get rid of "sniping" is a big step in a positive direction I think blaugh I hate when people snipe items I've been watching for weeks >.> So... discuss whatcha think blaugh

Just as a note... funny how we're all like... Gaia needs to make major changes, ect... and then they do xd  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:55 am
I have had items that I bid on for days pulled out at the last minute because bids didn't go high enough. I am glad about that!!!  

mamarita

Generous Guildswoman

MemoryDragon

Witty Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:43 pm
~I can slay my own dragons, I can dream my own dreams.~

This change was long over due. I'm glad they're finally taking steps toward fixing it. xd

~My knight in shining armor is me.~

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:00 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I share the same sentiment as dragon.

Thonek

Revered Sex Symbol

11,000 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

churrlo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:45 pm
Can anyone think of anything they probably SHOULD have done but didn't?  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:19 pm
~I can slay my own dragons, I can dream my own dreams.~

Hm... Not off hand. Those were the two major ones that everyone has bitched about since I can remember. xd

~My knight in shining armor is me.~

MemoryDragon

Witty Lunatic

BlueCowGirl

Questionable Millionaire

6,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:54 pm
charging for putting stuff up on the marketplace?
i don't know if they took it off cause i havn't sold anything on there for a year... and havn't been on lately the past couple of months *evil school*  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:22 am
I think they should lower the marketplace fee to 1%.. I have lost more on 1 transaction than the 1000 g fee was before- speaking of which, I never got that back!!  

mamarita

Generous Guildswoman

Pilotslover

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:50 am
The fee should be abolished in place of charging people to sell.

I'm fed up with this fee, inflation HAS risen.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:23 pm

I think the fee is to prevent people from buying the lowest, at 500g under the next, and selling it for 499 higher than what they bought it for.

Those gradual inflations, that stick because they happen slowly. Basically the fee is to eliminate lazier vendors from counteracting undercutting, and therefore slowly raising the price.

~Metalic_Noodles

Metalic_Noodles

Mishikotoko

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:21 am
I like it that they are working to eliminate the "snipers" in the marketplace.

That and the people who cancel auctions. Only because I almost had an item I needed, yet lost it when they canceled. It wasn't fair, so I am glad they are doing something about it.  
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 6:06 pm
I never really wanted to bid since..........a long time ago. D: I started bidding a whole bunch today, and i got a lot of 5k - 20k items really cheap. D: Which doesn't usually happen,because it always goes back to the top (or the more noticable part of the list).  

Izzy Fizz

5,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Resources & Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items