Welcome to Gaia! ::

GGN Moderators' Guild - NOW OPEN

Back to Guilds

We are a guild of Captains, Vice Captains, and Crew helping out those of similar rank in need and working with developers to improve guilds. 

Tags: Captain, Vice Captain, Crew 

Reply Resources & Discussion
Uh...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lagh Ruadh

Decisive Warrior

10,800 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • PvP 200
  • Smooth Operator 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:59 pm
I should let everyone know this. In three weeks to two months, I'll be off Gaia for about two or three months.

You see, I am joining the United States National Guard on Wednesday. I am still interested in the PM I was sent by you, Rita, but keep that in mind before and decisions are made.

Anyhow, I'll tell you all why I am doing this.

I dropped out of High School three years ago, and at the very beginning of this year, I finally got a GED. I dropped out due to family issues and the fact that I had half my needed credits. I've had two real jobs since then. That's it.

This last week, I cut my hair by eight inches for a job interview. The results weren't hopeful. After a talk with my father, I was in horrible spirits. I came into my room, and pulled up the National Guard website. I called a Recruiter that day, and spent several hours with him talking about the Guard. I took the ASVAB that day, and scored well.

As of right now, I will sign the contract on Wednesday, and in as little as three weeks, or as much as two months, I am off to Basic and then job training for my chosen job of Armorer.

What is an Armorer, you ask? I'd be doing maintenance and preventative maintenance on firearms ranging from handguns to rifles, to machine guns, as long as they are under .50 Caliber. Now is that not kick a**?  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:26 pm
I hope things go well for you! I'm sure it wasn't a decision made lightly, but it sounds like you might enjoy it. Let us know how things turn out when you come back!  

MemoryDragon

Witty Lunatic

churrlo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:26 pm
Congratulations on being accepted! I'm sure this change will help move your life in a new direction, a more positive one at least. smile I must say we're all proud of you ^^ You're doing a great service to your country in my opinion ^^  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:33 pm
I can't join the military. sad  

Thonek

Revered Sex Symbol

11,000 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

churrlo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:16 pm
I don't think I can... well I could with like... a desk job gonk I've got asthma so I'm not too useful on the battle field =o  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:37 pm

Check out the airforce website, if they train you on the hardware computer matenince it would be fun!

Problem is, it's only hardware I'm not horrid at with computers, and bootcamp... sweatdrop

But schooling, housing, food... sweet job, at least for like a year. I tend to loose intreast in things, but if you can stick it out for 20 years you can get retirement, full retirement.

Thon, why can't you?

~Metalic_Noodles

Metalic_Noodles

Resources & Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas