Reply Other Genres
The David Pelzer trilogy

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

irock708

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:34 pm
I was thinking about this book series in class today. Anyone heard of it? The books are an autobiography of the author, David Pelzer, and it's insane. The first one, A Child Called "It", is about how when he was a young child, Dave was physically abused by his biological and alcoholic mother. It's pretty insane. The second book, The Lost Boy, is about how Dave is transferred from one foster home to another and it's pretty intense. The last one, A Man Named Dave, is just more of the trials and tribulations he goes through in the beginning of his adulthood.  
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 2:46 pm
I think my mom has them. If I'm right in my thinking then she says they're good also... I may need to read them.  

Out of Kansas

irock708

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 4:55 pm
Yeah, you should. It's one of those types of books that lead you to think "Holy crap... Life is... insane." It's definitely worth the read.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:53 pm
I read A Child Called It when I was in seventh grade. It was one of those . . . wow moments when you realize how good you have it. I had a discussion about it with a friend and have to say I was appalled at how insensitive she was. Basically, her words were "Yeah. Stuff like that happens." I wanted to slap her.

I haven't read the other books in the trilogy, but I ought to.

Merenwen99

irock708

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:57 pm
Even The Lost Boy is pretty sad... :/

But, I know, right? It's definitely a slap to the face when you read about other peoples' greater misfortunes.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:27 pm
I've heard of the books, but haven't read them. And I know what you mean about a slap in the face. I've read about stuff like that, but it's really scary when life hits you hard from behind. One of my... I guess acquaintances switched schools after seventh grade. Afterwards, I learned that she was treated awfully at home, did some things she shouldn't have, and attempted multiple times to commit suicide. She was not always the nicest person, and was one of the dorks of the grade. I feel so bad now (and did then too); I really didn't realize how close to home those things can happen. I'm much more desensitized to that stuff now, but that time was really upsetting.... crying I myself have it very well and reality often hits me HARD.  

penandpaper67
Captain

Other Genres

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces