PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:53 pm
It didnt lag at ALL with you, Roachy.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:48 pm
Woah, more stickies?  

Stefanopoulos

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:16 pm
bleu_flame
Okay I hacked my router's password (Dad shouldn't have made his password his collage) and is there any difference from 1 and 11?

11 works better for me it seems.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:50 pm
bleu_flame
Okay I hacked my router's password (Dad shouldn't have made his password his collage) and is there any difference from 1 and 11?
I'm not 100% sure. If you want to test it out, and you see a difference, let me know! I'll be sure to update and let everyone know!

*is happy* Yay I got stickied! ^^

NekoLaharl

Stefanopoulos

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:59 pm
Laharl-Kunshu
bleu_flame
I'm not 100% sure. If you want to test it out, and you see a difference, let me know! I'll be sure to update and let everyone know!
*is happy* Yay I got stickied! ^^

Hey, you do know that you can't edit your first post now, right?  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:02 am
"By default, most wireless routers broadcast on channel 6. Check to see what your router is set to, and change your router's channel setting to 1 or 11, as those do not overlap with other channels. (Router "Channel" settings are typically found in the "Wireless Settings" area of your wireless router's setup utility."

D= Yeah.. I was wondering whether if Nintendo did something to the DS and the Wii so that they're more compatible with channel 1 and 11 or something, but it seems most of this basis is simply to avoid any interference within the same channel as most other wireless internet channels within the area.

Because Channel 6 is the default, the further away frequency channel you use as the majority of people do with their wireless internet, there's less interruption through using your internet on channel 1 or 11 to reduce lag.

However, this may not always be the case depending on what channel your neighbors use. If they were to also use 1 or 11, then it's very likely that it could potentially make your Wi-Fi gaming laggier, and you can't really tell what channel other people have their routers set on.. But for most conditions where people don't bother changing their wireless internet's channel from 6 to something else, 1 or 11 would be the ideal channel to use for gaming.

Also, that would mean that there would be no impact in making this change if your internet is the only one within range.

I'm just tossing this out for those of you who may try this and not see any difference with their lag experiences.

Locke Trufeld

BleuP

Sugary Wife

17,625 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 3:27 pm
Waynebrizzle
bleu_flame

I'm using 11 and I have noticed that I don't get any lags or minor lags. mrgreen  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 4:03 pm
Mine is already set to channel 1, but I still have lag with some people. Must be that theirs isn't set to 1, or they are far away or something.  

Akuyoko

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:28 pm
bleu_flame
Waynebrizzle
bleu_flame

I'm using 11 and I have noticed that I don't get any lags or minor lags. mrgreen

I still get the occasional lag, but that's to be expected in 4 player matches.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:21 pm
it seems my router wifi manufacturer is not on that list gonk  

Josafat

Desirable Noob

Syn of Sin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:07 am

I did everything, and still can't get into Brawl wifi, other than with mt Friend Roster. ]:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:57 am
what if im using a LAN adapter?  

Psychic bomber

Kaizoku Jotei Boa Hancock

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:48 pm
Thanks! I'll try that! The lag is so annoying. =(  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:36 pm
This is a great guide, but I can't access my router. All it does is keep loading the page, only to say after a while there was a problem loading it. I'm not sure how to fix that issue..  

iBarty

Aged Humorist

9,250 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Person of Interest 200
Wi-Fi Connection

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers