Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Round Table (Discussion and Debates)
Revelations: I want YOUR opinion.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Loagaeth

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:44 am
Me and a friend are collaborating to create some decorative occult projects. I had a few themes I wanted to work on, Enochian, Goetic, etc.... Anyway, the first one I decided to start was a theme based on the Book of Revelations. It's one of my favorite books in the Bible, having more creepy imagery than any of the other ones.

I wanted to post this to get some opinions from my fellow occultists on the board. If you could see any scene, character, situation from the Book of Revelations drawn out, what would it be?

If you need some reminders, here is a link to some visions and scenes from Revelations:
http://members.aol.com/Wisdomway/revelations2.htm

Alright guys, tell me what you want to see!  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:47 am
I've not read Revelations all the way through, but Revelations 13, of the Beast arising from the sea, always gives me shivers, simply because the idea of a Leviathan is just mindblowing to me.

That said, the angels with the seven(?) bowls is pretty awesome too. As are the Horsemen of the Apocalypse (call me generic, I like them. XD)

This is an awesome idea, btw. Props to you. o3o-b  

Rustig

4,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

Loagaeth

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:32 am
Mitsh
I've not read Revelations all the way through, but Revelations 13, of the Beast arising from the sea, always gives me shivers, simply because the idea of a Leviathan is just mindblowing to me.

That said, the angels with the seven(?) bowls is pretty awesome too. As are the Horsemen of the Apocalypse (call me generic, I like them. XD)

This is an awesome idea, btw. Props to you. o3o-b

Thanks for your input! I agree with you on both of those ideas, I think I had planned on them.

I'm working on the first one right now, which is Abaddon with the key to the Abyss, pulling the dead out of the ground. I will let everyone know when they are done, and of course I'll post some pictures smile

Come on everybody! Input! *shakes fist*  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:55 pm
User Image
"In appearance the locusts were like horses arrayed for battle; on their heads were what looked like crowns of gold; their faces were like human faces, their hair like women's hair, and their teeth like lions' teeth; they had scales like iron breastplates, and the noise of their wings was like the noise of many chariots with horses rushing into battle. They have tails like scorpions, and stings, and their power of hurting men for five months lies in their tails. They have as king over them the angel of the bottomless pit; his name in Hebrew is Abaddon, and in Greek he is called Apollyon." (Revelation 9:1-11 RSV)

That part has always creeped me out because I really don't like bugs...
And those locusts sound terrifying. : )

I photoshopped a representation of them once, but I lost the file. Haha.
User Image

oh heck

Baltazaar

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:19 am
have you ever considered that the beast from the sea could be the internet?  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:12 pm
Baltazaar
hah  

isabella jolie

3,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200

Ask Jappleack

Greedy Consumer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:13 pm
Baltazaar
i want this one explained lol

and i rememebr somehting about an 11 horned 7 headed dragon i was wodnerign what the symbolisms could be before but i had little thought on it, i thought once the dragon could be 7 heads of 11 companies though

and what id like to see drawn is like the wierder stuff like near the end of it XD like if i remmeber correctly like whne it speaks of whoever on the throne and the dude getitng slain or the lamb or w/e and how they went around the dead body and prayed or soemhting XD and the woman with the cup she had full of 'nasty things' or w/e and the very end part where it speaks of crystal cities or soemthing?

EDIT: sorry if what i said is a little inaccurate XD i read the book of revelations once and it was two or three years ago i think  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:58 am
I can't recall the scene I'm thinking of very clearly, but I remember it involved a pleasant space of some kind (I think either a Cave or a little Grove with a Waterfall) and it involved a Lamp which bore special significance in metaphore.

another scene I realy would like to see portrayed is with the Pregnant Woman in the Basket, carried on the Cyclone, and the Dragon swallowing the Sun, and all those things...

and while this one doesn't seem to be very dramatic in a Mystical sense, I also have a particular love of the Letters to the Seven Churches.  

Chieftain Twilight

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Elocutionist 200

Sneaker Pimps

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:54 pm
Baltazaar
It tis cathulu, who rises from the sea!  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:35 pm
Eccentric Kei
Baltazaar
i want this one explained lol

and i rememebr somehting about an 11 horned 7 headed dragon i was wodnerign what the symbolisms could be before but i had little thought on it, i thought once the dragon could be 7 heads of 11 companies though

and what id like to see drawn is like the wierder stuff like near the end of it XD like if i remmeber correctly like whne it speaks of whoever on the throne and the dude getitng slain or the lamb or w/e and how they went around the dead body and prayed or soemhting XD and the woman with the cup she had full of 'nasty things' or w/e and the very end part where it speaks of crystal cities or soemthing?

EDIT: sorry if what i said is a little inaccurate XD i read the book of revelations once and it was two or three years ago i think

Historically speaking (According to my History of Religions professor), all of the book of revelations was just a warning to the author's people (Was it John or Peter?)

Anyway, he had to make it heavy in symbolism so the guards would just chalk it up to the ramblings of a madman.

The beast with 7 horns was the Roman Empire. The City of Rome had 7 hills or something like that. He was warning them of an invasion. Basically the romans wouldn't know what he was tlaking about, but the jews would.  

Luciferin Bandit

Gandalf_the_Girl

3,100 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:49 am
Thanks! This is cool. I've been wanting to see what these things look like.

I'd like to see:

" The shape of the locusts was like horses prepared for battle. On their heads were crowns of something like gold, and their faces were like the faces of men.

They had hair like women's hair, and their teeth were like lions' teeth.
And they had breastplates like breastplates of iron, and the sound of their wings was like the sound of chariots with many horses running into battle.

They had tails like scorpions, and there were stings in their tails. Their power was to hurt men five months.

And they had as king over them the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in Hebrew is Abaddon, but in Greek he has the name Apollyon."  
The Round Table (Discussion and Debates)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games