A Guild for all lovers of Pokémon! 

Tags: Pokemon, gaming 

Reply Pokémon Defenders
Pokémon pride in Super Smash Bros. Melee? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which Pokémon do you play as in Super Smash Bros?
Pikachu
35%
 35%  [ 6 ]
Jigglypuff
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Mewtwo
29%
 29%  [ 5 ]
Pichu
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Despite my love of Pokémon, I prefer to not play as any of the playable ones.
23%
 23%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 17

TheWhitePhoenix

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 6:47 pm
^^; As much as I love 'em, I can't stand to use 'em, really >,> I prefer Marth (Yes, I'm a fangirl, leave me alone >,> ) or Samus. Fuuuuun.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 7:29 pm
TheWhitePhoenix
^^; As much as I love 'em, I can't stand to use 'em, really >,> I prefer Marth (Yes, I'm a fangirl, leave me alone >,> ) or Samus. Fuuuuun.

Don't be ashamed. Marth is t3h hot. Midorikawa Hikaru must have the sexiest voice in the history of the Earth. surprised  

Ginga

Andy1989

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 8:04 pm
Fischer
Andy1989
Fischer
Andy1989
If they make another SSB game, Luigi better have that vacuum. (Was it Poltergeist 5000?) They need to have Waluigi too. And some Pokémon that aren't electric type. I'm tired of Pikachu taking all the glory!! gonk

Polter-GUST. xd I want Sonic!!!

So it WAS a pun. I wasn't sure...

No, I mean it was Poltergust.

Yea...That's a pun. Gust since it's a vacuum and it vacuums ghosts or poltergiests...So it's like a pun.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2004 7:40 am
Yes. I see. xd don't mind my slow-ness, I can actually be pretty intelligent.  

Fischer

Andy1989

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 11:43 pm
Fischer
Yes. I see. xd don't mind my slow-ness, I can actually be pretty intelligent.

That's how I am too. I have almost no common sense, but I'm smart in school and such. How else could I get an A+ in a class that I sleep in every day? whee  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 5:01 am
I always go pikachu.. why? because not only is he cute *is a sucker for anything thats cute* he is also strong AND fast and i find all his attacks really usefull.  

vauny-vaun

Toko Ojin

4,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 1:38 pm
I am the evil player of the RANDOM slot where the comp picks a character randomly for you. Yes, I can beat many of my friends with ANY character, they can't really adapt to my strategies! xd

Of the pokes in SSBM I find that jigglypuff is the best at higher levels of play, especially with rollout and it's side b and drifting. Mewtwo has awesome grabs and good tail slaps but some of the worst smashes EVER, and a lot of sucky moves like his side b which begs to be coutered with a side kick. Pichu basically plays the same as pikachu but is KOed to easily. Pikachu is a good adverage character who may not be able to abuse thunder like pichu can with jumps but is less vulnerable and has better strike zones and survivability.

In general I think they should have had Raichu over Pichu, but even better would have been a non electric type, marowack or a GSC poke like Sneasel would have been a better choice.

If the game was redone with the same characters I would work on making pichu more abusable, replacing mewtwo's worthless b moves and many of his A moves, and up the damage on pika's b moves. I would also up the damage on many of bowser's moves, and change gannondorf to more of a sword using spell slinger who uses that greatsword, the one handed sword users bore me and the capin' falcon immitation set is poor for gannondorf. The capn' falcon immitation would instead be game and watch.

If I could controll who would go in the next game it would be:

Link
Zelda
Gannondorf(Unlockable)
Mario
Yoshi
Peach
Bowser(Unlockable)
Hector (Fire Emblem)(Unlockable)
Lyn (Fire Emblem)
Eliwood (Fire Emblem)
Samus
Kirby
Ness
Raichu(yes, F%@* you Yellow version and crazy pikachu games, raichu is better HA!)
Wigglytuff(because I am sick and tired of these non evloves)
Sneasel(because we need a GSCer who is cool!)
Deoxys(Unlockable)
Sonic
Tails
Knuckles(Unlockable)
Fox

Yes I know some characters were eliminated, but some just were getting to be in excess IMO and were either under or overplayed. This list sets up more fighting styles and shouldn't have immitation type characters. For example, unlike Marth and Roy, these other Fire Emblem characters all fight very differently, Lyn uses a lightweight saber and focuses on acrobatic and ajile attacks and uses a bow later as well, Eliwood, who happens to be Roy's Father, uses a Raipier for quick, thrusting attacks and kinda play's keepaway with the enemy, and later uses lances and a horse allthough no horse or lances in this... Hector uses an axe and has a wild and dangerous up close style which would be refreshing in a SSBM type game. Inclusion of the Sonic characters is possible with the recent advent of sonic games for gamecube and other nintendo systems. The primary heavyweights here would be Gannondorf, Bowser, Hector, and Wigglytuff. The primary speedsters would be Fox, Sonic, Eliwood, and Lyn. And the more middling versitle characters would be Tails, Samus, Mario, and Link, with the rest being a little on the weird side with deoxys and Zelda/Sheik changing forms Kuckles being a lightweight with gliding and high power, Ness and Kirby's traditional weirdnesses ect. This game would accomodate more variety of play styles and would have significatly different feel to most of the characters. It should give more of a brawl type feel with characters like Knuckles and Hector running around but should be more accomodating to all by giving all characters more fluid and intuitive movesets.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 12:33 pm
I've rarely been beaten in that game and I mainly only use Pikachu and Mewtwo ^^

Pikachu is good for staying on stage and avoiding attacks, while Mewtwo is good for...umm...I dunno sweatdrop I'm just good when playing as him.  

Namagoroshi_Okibi

ultraraichu

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 12:53 pm
my main character I use is kirby, but I use other people too. I love to use pichu when battling my friends. roy, and captain falcon vs a pichu with blue googles in a 1 on 2 match. guess who won heh.

wish they had a raichu though  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:27 pm
I am a traitor, I usually play as Peach, because I always pick Peach for other games, too, ever since the NES Super Mario Bros. 2. If I'm not her, I'm usually one of the cute guys with a sword, doesn't matter which one....  

Asta the Broken

Hygienic Sex Symbol

3,450 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100
Pokémon Defenders

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers