Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Helpdesk (Quick Questions and Assistance)
Empathic Tendencies

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mein kampfy kouch

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:34 pm
There's a little white porch,
And you wanted it so.
Can you let me go down,
To the end of the road...

`Is there a way to keep these under control?
They keep getting stronger....
I can walk into a room, and feel the mood over people within 10 feet of me, and it's scary...
I can also SOMETIMES, very rarely, sense ghostly feelings...
Once, I was like, "... Something is angry." so my friend, and he laughed at me, then a door slammed.
I'm not saying I'm a true medium/empath... But I'm thinking I might be.

Also, if I don't learn to control this... Will I be able to alter moods?

In the black and the white,
A Technicolorful life,
Can I stand by your side?
We can make it alright,
Like home,
'Cause I'm home...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:27 am
Learn shielding, you can try this website: www.psipog.org

Shielding is the creation of a psychic shield which blocks various things, depending on how you programmed it. In your case, emotions. biggrin

It is possible to learn to alter moods, though I canĀ“t tell if it will come to you naturally after some while like you asked or if you will have to learn it.

Hope this helped!  

Felouen

Shirtless Raider

10,150 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hunter 50

mein kampfy kouch

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:57 pm
I'm so inclined
to make you mine
you're out of line
and out of time...
Thanks very much. :]
I'm just hoping it wont get stronger to where I'll lash out and hurt someone, if I am/ I do have medium-istic tendencies.
And I float upon a shallow bay
lift me up until the ground gives way
I'm a California castaway
I don't think you wanna ******** with me.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:14 pm
I have the same problem. I'll randomly get upset when walking through a lot of rooms filled with people, and it throws me off for a while because I think to myself, "What on earth could I be upset about?" Then I end up finding something to be upset about lol.

It sounds kinda funny, but once it hurt really bad when I was sitting, and I kind of pulled myself into a subtle ball (yeah, a subtle one lol) and I think having my own body in front of my solar plexus helped an aweful lot. It didn't stop it, it just buffered it really.

If you can convince yourself you don't care about anybody in the room, that sometimes shuts it off for me, but it's hard to do.

Also, visualize yourself and try to feel what you are feeling, as though you're another person in the room. If you concentrate on that, it's sometimes strong enough to override everyone else's.

One last suggestion. I'm not very educated with gems and stones and all that, but I decided I wanted my very own amulet of sorts, so I went to the store and stood in front of a lot of different crystals. When I was staring at a specific crystal, the pain in my gut went away. I bought it and researched it and it was a Phantom Crystal, and apparently that's supposed to purify the air in your immediate surroundings. I've long since lost the crystal, but maybe something like that would help you?  

Viscerim

Vengeful Elegance

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:55 am
yes, you are empathic {in case you haven't fully accepted that yet}

as far as controlling it that will more than likely become second nature to you. Blocking it out usually helps for me but I still avoid crowded areas {....like wal mart stare } When you start to get overwhelmed take a deep breath and focus on what YOU are feeling and try to ignore what everyone else is feeling. I know it sounds lame but it works for me. I've gotten to the point where I can choose not to feel ANY emotion even my own.

In the future there is a very good chance you will be able to alter people's moods. Even if it is just by knowing what to say or do. Empaths are very good at telling people what they want to hear.  
The Helpdesk (Quick Questions and Assistance)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games