Reply Ear Piercings
Tragus - Stretching?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

l i t h i u m b l o o m

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 6:26 pm
Fairly soon, I plan on getting my tragi (sp? Hate weird plurals ;~; ) pierced, and once they're healed, stretching them to 0ga. I've seen it a few times and have absolutely fallen in love with how it looks. However, I don't know personally anyone who has stretched their tragi. To anyone who knows, is the technique basically the same as with lobes? Also, as this will be the first (and probably only) remotely dramatic stretching I've done, I'd love to hear some tips on keeping everything nice and healthy and non-ripped. Thanks, lovies heart

By the way, sorry if this is in the wrong section. I didn't really know where the most appropriate place to put this was >.<  
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 4:16 pm
I've personally never stretched cartilage(save my septum.. which is pierced low through the harder ******** ouch) but I hear that it's no fun sooo good luck. Haha.

I'd honestly recommend getting it dermal punched to the size you want if you want it that large. It will be way less traumatic and painful in the long run and you're guaranteed a nice-looking hole. My boy just got his done a couple days ago and the process wasn't too painful. He had his punched at a 4 to match his conch.

If you're anything like him, anatomy-of-the-ear-wise, get ready for lots of bleeding into your ear canal. He's been struggling with what he describes as a "constant swimmer's ear" as a result and it has been extremely frustrating to him. The gushy blood is pretty intense at times, too, so have a lot of sterile gauze handy.

Of course, that is just advice for if you decide to go with the punch, obviously. I just think that it would be a better choice in the long run and you can avoid potentially damaging your cartilage and/or going through a very long and painful stretching process.

Hope this helps! I'll give you updates on the progression of healing of my boyfriend's ear if you're interested.  

mammary gland

dagon is a gloomy bear
Crew

Lonely Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 7:51 pm
Takes a long time, and it hurts a lot more. And not every ear will let you do it. But you can always try.
I don't know of anyone personally who's stretched any cartilage though. Usually they just get it cut or punched out.  
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 1:24 pm
Hm. Alright, that sounds like a better method. Although, I suppose if I do get them punched, I should only get one done at a time so I'll be able to hear out of at least one ear xd Thank you both sooo much.

Eury: Yes, I'd love to hear updates on that! I'm a bit of a wuss, so I'd like to hear about it before I went through it myself.  

l i t h i u m b l o o m

dagon is a gloomy bear
Crew

Lonely Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 1:01 am
Hmm... all that being said, getting punched at 0g probably won't be possible. ._."""""  
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 6:49 am
Erm, may I ask why?  

l i t h i u m b l o o m

apanda999

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 12:45 pm
The punch would be wayy better for you. But at a zero?? How big is your Tragus?

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 12:57 pm
I um...don't know how to tell you? o.o Normal size, I suppose. Well, forget 0ga if my tragi aren't big enough. If I have to go smaller, I will.

So, how much do punches normally cost? My town is extremely conservative, even the piercers and tattoo artists, so I'm not sure if there are even any places here that would do it o_o;  

l i t h i u m b l o o m

mammary gland

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 4:08 pm
Dermal punches are generally more expensive than normal piercings in my experience mainly because the punches are more expensive and the jewelry that you put in there tends to be more expensive(tunnels or plugs as opposed to a CBR).

As for an update on my boyfriend's ear...

It has stopped bleeding profusely as of a few days ago, so that's good. He says it's not painful but just crusty. He's still having a lot of problems with his hearing off and on, regardless.

He says to tell you that he suggests against getting it done, though because the way it heals sucks, he has had problems sleeping, it throws off his balance and affects his whole body. Plus, the not hearing thing gets old fast.

Buuuut those are the risks you're just going to have to be willing to take if that's something you really want to do. Just really think it over, honestly. It may be more trouble than it's worth.

DEFINITELY only get one done if anything.

He says...

P.S.
Gaia sucks
-josh

What a hater. talk2hand
Here is his tragus shortly after it was done, though:
User Image

and his recent RE-tongue-splitting:
User Image  
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 1:07 pm
Hrm. Well, nevermind then. I suppose I won't be getting anything bigger than a normal gauge. I don't mind pain and discomfort when it comes to things I want, but I want to be symmetrical, and as he advises against doing both ears, I might as well just not do it at all.

Thanks anyway, people.  

l i t h i u m b l o o m

mammary gland

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 8:04 am
l i t h i u m b l o o m
Hrm. Well, nevermind then. I suppose I won't be getting anything bigger than a normal gauge. I don't mind pain and discomfort when it comes to things I want, but I want to be symmetrical, and as he advises against doing both ears, I might as well just not do it at all.

Thanks anyway, people.

D: Now I feel like a dream-crusher!!! crying  
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 11:39 am
mammary gland

He says to tell you that he suggests against getting it done, though because the way it heals sucks, he has had problems sleeping, it throws off his balance and affects his whole body. Plus, the not hearing thing gets old fast.

Ummm.. stop right there.

If he is loosing his balance, he likely has an inner ear issue. Possibly an infection. He may want to get that checked out asap. Likely has nothing to do with the piercing, unless that is infected and traveled in his ear. Unless.... you did say he had a lot of bleeding, the liquids not being cleaned out could have caused a moisture build up.

apanda999

mammary gland

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 11:18 am
jadedxkitty999
mammary gland

Ummm.. stop right there.

If he is loosing his balance, he likely has an inner ear issue. Possibly an infection. He may want to get that checked out asap. Likely has nothing to do with the piercing, unless that is infected and traveled in his ear. Unless.... you did say he had a lot of bleeding, the liquids not being cleaned out could have caused a moisture build up.

Hrm. He did say that he's perfectly fine now that the bleeding has stopped. I think it was just the leakage that was screwing him up. Thanks for the info, though, for the future. I would think if there was some sort of infection, though, that it would have showed externally in some way..  
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 11:46 am
mammary gland
jadedxkitty999
mammary gland

Ummm.. stop right there.

Hrm. He did say that he's perfectly fine now that the bleeding has stopped. I think it was just the leakage that was screwing him up. Thanks for the info, though, for the future. I would think if there was some sort of infection, though, that it would have showed externally in some way..

Glad he is feeling better!

apanda999

Ear Piercings

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces