ladyjewell

6,700 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:56 pm
E-C-O B-E-N-D-E-R-

~~~

I'm a guy, and I'm into crafting things. I sort of have an excuse, my medium is so-called "manly". Working with chainmaille to produce armor is manlier than knitting. Though, it's odd that no one's called into question the "manly-ness" my maille jewelery is. xD
Although... I have kicked around the idea of knitting, it seems like an enjoyable activity. I've watched a girl in my class knit scarves with such ease that she didn't even have to look at what she was doing.
I thought to myself, "Hey! That's what I need! Something to keep my hands busy while I can occupy my mind on other things!"
But, alas, my mailling kept me entertained, and now I've discovered how much fun yo-yo's are, and I'm getting distracted from even my mailling. xD

Aren't you in luck. There's an old Viking jewelry making technique that is almost like knitting. LOL For an example, look at this jeweller's site: JanRa Jewelry--Viking Knit Necklace

I'm female, but my brother is also an artist--3D modelling and animation more than crafting, but he's been known to draw. I also know a number of men who sew; make armor from metal, leather, and chainmail; illuminate scrolls, including embossing and layering with gold and silver leaf; glass working; wood carving and inlay; and quite a few other 'crafty' things, but since I've done medieval recreation with the SCA for years, I have an advantage. wink

The Viking wirework is next on my list of crafts to learn, right after I work my way up to a 136-strand kumihimo braid. Tho' i may cheat and start early. The 72-strand is killing me.... xp  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:25 am
What would 'other' be?  

Bani Rose

jollyjube

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:12 pm
I make clay charms, plushies, origami( so cool) and I draw.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:22 pm
My brother likes to make chain mail and a guy in my town is actually making it fine jewelry grade. He's selling it at a local store. Really nice looking stuff.
Guys don't tend to think of furniture building as being "crafty" but I think that's kind of the craft that most guys seem to stick to out in my area. Some of them also make giant statues of T-rexes out of metal. A local store started selling some of the guy's work. Really cool flowers and stuff like that that he welds.  

E.Beth

Apocalyptic Codger

19,050 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Mousepocket

4,350 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:33 am
I'm the only female sculptor where I work. The other five are all guys.  
Sculpted - art + craft guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff