Background information on my book's main character

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xXSakura_ShingujiXx

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 4:11 pm
Confessions of a 16 year old Role Model

The truth can be very hard for some people to deal with. For example, how would you feel if your dad had been killed, but you only found out about it a week ago, when it happened about three months ago? Yeah. That’s the situation I am in.
For me, there are many “Truths” in my life, but there are also some lies. For example, my ex boyfriend promised me a week ago that he would always love me and be my true love forever. He lied. I found out yesterday that he really loved one of my friends, even though we both hate him now because he cheated on both of us. Doesn’t it sound so good to be me?
Anyway, I am a girl growing up on a farm. We only have two horses, but one of our neighbors has three sheep. Another one has five cows. Yet another has three dogs that always wake us up in the middle of the night. On other nights, the sheep escape and the entire neighborhood helps catch them again exept my older sister, younger sisters, and I.
Speaking of family, my older sister, Sarah, would, honestly, do everything her friends do. If they all decided to jump off a cliff, she would too. They all got cell phones, so she stole $50 from my bank account- note that I said MY bank account- just to get a pink cell phone. Honestly, sometimes I think that the only brain cell in that group belongs to my older sister’s dog!
Sometimes, I think that my family is some sort of bad comedy show. Other times, it is just a very, very confusing twisted romance story. This is my story, and, believe me; I think that it should be in the “Comedy” section of book stores!

I don't think it is that good, is it? It isn't supposed to be part of the story, just some random background information.  
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 7:09 pm
Cool! um...yeah I don't exactly know what to say because it's not a story or a poem or something but it's a fun little piece of writing! 3nodding  

5 to midnight
Crew

Volatile Rainbow

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 5:57 am
I'm not sure what you're looking for. Are you asking us for our thoughts on the writing style, or the setting itself? This doesn't sound like "backround information" so much as part of the story itself, maybe an introduction.  
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 1:18 pm
I agree with Volatile Rainbow-san. What are you posting it for? FOr critiquing? For others' enjoyment? I'm confused...  

Kimberly Adams

4,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Gaian 50
Writing: Prose

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items