Welcome to Gaia! ::

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Back to Guilds

This is a writer's guild where all can gather for feedback and advice on all mediums of writing. Plus it's a great place for conversation. 

Tags: Writing, Writer, Writer's Block, Critiques, Friends 

Reply Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild
What should I write about?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BlackHawkGS

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 8:31 pm
Sitting at my desk, I continued to stare into the white void that is the Microsoft Word background. I had an entire five words written down over the span of the past hour: What should I write about?

Brian was lying on my bed and throwing the soccer ball plushie up in the air like a basketball. "You know, you should write a fantasy story. And have some elves in it! Elves are so cool. They live forever, have pointy ears, and have those kick a** bows!"

Spyke was sitting on the floor, trying to catch up to where I was in my latest book obsession The Lighthouse Land. "I agree on fantasy. You'll have plenty of inspiration, since that Final Fantasy 12 game you've been playing doesn't seem to end."

"I KNOW!" I practically screamed. "I've logged an entire 50 hours of gameplay into that game, and I haven't even beat the main story! Let alone the hundreds of sidequests... GAH!"

Brian and Spyke both paused and looked at each other. They had forgotten how that game was not to be talked about in my presence anymore, less they wish to bring up some bad memories.

I sighed and put my hands to the keys. "Whatever... so fantasy it is. What's the protagonist's name?"

"Brian!"

"Spyke!"

I thought for a moment. "... ok, so Rypper it is."

Spyke put down his book. "Rypper? What kind of name is that? As in, related to the grim reaper? If this is a journey to the afterlife, written by someone that has attended church five times, then it won't turn out well."

"No, it isn't" I reassured him. "It's a name I've been wanting to use for awhile now."

Brian hopped up. "Make him a gunslinger! We need more gunslingers!"

"Brian, we have downtown Indianapolis for that.

"No, I'm thinking of a different type of fantasy... something with a blend of sci-fi... and a dash of world-jumping... and a sprinkle of talking animals, faeries, and balloon people..."

Brian and Spyke both jumped up.

"THE WINGLESS STORY!?"

I let out a haughty laugh. "Yes, my friends! The time has come. I shall begin the story to start it all!"

FACEBOOK POP-UP: YOU HAVE RECEIVED ONE POKEMON REQUEST.

I immediately clicked the link. "Pokemon request? Yes! Another monster falls victim to the mighty Nick Gary!"

Brian and Spyke both sat back down and sighed. Looks like it would take a little longer than they'd hoped.

Author's Note: Nothing special here, just thought I'd write a bit in the guild. My main project is indeed to start the Wingless novel, although it's much different from what you've seen in the past. If I ever get the first chapter done, I'll put it up and see what you guys think.

Tis all for now.

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 9:00 pm
I am reminded of Ametris

and am now nostalgic

and rather sad. sad

BUT YAY WINGLESS!!! I miss it. I really really do. I could pull a Z right now and say that I won't write that prostitute story until I see some Wingless, but then you don't read that, so it won't work. ...  

KirbyVictorious

Serenity Reed
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 8:30 am
"We have downtown Indianapolis for that."
rofl rofl rofl

That was like, the only thing I understood. Besides Lighthouse Land. (Wants that book...)  
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 12:00 pm
Aaah, Facebook. Ruiner of all "should be". XD  

Spastic waffles
Captain

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out