Reply Tattoos
Helping my Honey.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kurushindeiru

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 12:41 am
So my boyfriend is looking to get his first major tattoo for his birthday in October(I'm so ridiculously stoked about this).

We're trying to research as many pictures of feathery wings as possible. Good and bad pictures are welcome. We want to make sure they're right..so pretty pictures help us an bad pictures steer us away from no-no's! xd

Thanks in advance, loves! domokun heart domokun  
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 1:14 am
i'd suggest looking at shops you're interested in getting work done at, look at the artists' portfolios and find their strong points/styles, and from there you and your boyfriend will be able to figure out who you want to do the tattoo.

As far as picture references, I'd look at BMEzine.com there's tons of user galleries that you can pull references from.  

eclecticitea

insolitus naturae

6,750 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 2:23 am
agreed - and now that bme has a keyword search, just type in wings in the user galleries for tattoos. i would post a ton of pictures for you but i'd probably do better by ya to just send you on that way.

tell your boy congrats!  
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 7:42 am
Well, Philip Milic (www.pmtattoos.com) has a wing tattoo done in the section "Back Pieces and Tribal" (first pic) on his site that I think is pretty nice. But then, most of the wing tattoos I've seen are either shabbily done or don't fit the person's body shape AT ALL, so perhaps I'm not such a good judge. Still, it's worth checking out.

Good luck to him. I'm still far too chicken to get my backpiece done, and it's much less extensive than his will be. He's got some guts to say the least. I'm sure it's going to look awesome 3nodding  

l i t h i u m b l o o m

Kurushindeiru

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 9:33 am
We've actually gone through bmezine a bit and have seen a lot of "Don't do" wings. He knows he's interested in larger, feathery wings with either a white or mint highlight.

I guess it's mostly style we're looking for and we're curious to what other people have found exceptionally attractive/unattractive(NOT that he's deciding based on what other people like). We want to make sure we've seen as much as we can before he sits down and commits to a style.

And thank you for the artist portfolio suggestion, we'll sit down and look at it. Please keep suggestions, opinions & links coming. ^.^  
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 2:12 pm
Kurushindeiru
We've actually gone through bmezine a bit and have seen a lot of "Don't do" wings. He knows he's interested in larger, feathery wings with either a white or mint highlight.

if that's the case, you could also look at artists (painters, drawers, etc)
from the sounds of it you could even look at renaissance/church art, greek mythology illustrations, or nature study drawings of birds as reference points.  

eclecticitea

dagon is a gloomy bear
Crew

Lonely Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 5:18 pm
I find I like anime/Japanese style wings. That's where I'm looking for my own references.  
Tattoos

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games