Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Sculpted - art + craft guild
Furuba Lovers here!Who does fruits basket stuff?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

KittyKat204

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 4:19 pm
So,
Who likes to read fruits basket? (it's a shojo manga)
This is art related, because my second question is:
Who does fruits basket figurines, charms, or whatever?

Recently I made Kyo in cat form with orange and black sculpey. there's no pics yet, since I made him soo long ago and my mom STILL hasn't baked him
rolleyes "I'll bake it as soon as the apple crisp is gone and I can use that pan" I'm pretty sure it's gone by now! lol, ANYWAYS. I'm thinking of doing one for each character in their animal form/the picture Natsuki-san uses in the speech bubbles. (Tohru -Onigiri, Uo-chan -fish, etc.) who do you think I should make next? I was thinking Momiji?Kya, I love him. Such a cute little bunny...So, in conclusion, has anyone made any cool furuba stuff?(god I hope I'm not rambling about something no one here knows about sweatdrop )  
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 7:45 pm
Ooh, I'd love to see those when you're finished with them~

I'm a Fruits Basket and Momiji fan too! :3 A few months ago, I made a Momiji plushie. Here's the deviantART link to my plushie: Momiji <3
(Don't mind the random onigiri. XD)  

Steel Heart Alchemist

KittyKat204

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:11 pm
So turns out poor kyo's tail came off in th oven crying so i super-glued it....and it came off again! crying I need to figure out how to fix broken sculpey.

btw really cute momiji!  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:43 am
KittyKat204
So turns out poor kyo's tail came off in th oven crying so i super-glued it....and it came off again! crying I need to figure out how to fix broken sculpey.

Pieces of my sculpey break off like that, too.
Super-glue is what I tend to use, but gluing takes time and patience. I usually find the exact ridges that broke away from each other, line them up, super-glue them, and wait there holding the pieces in place and blowing lightly on the glued area. It's really annoying, yeah. xD

Something else that may help is if you do succeed in gluing the pieces back together, either use a clear nail polish, or clear acrylic paint coat to sort of seal everything. It also helps give the pieces a stronger hold on each other and a less of a chance of breaking.

And now about Fruits Baskeeeeet~... xD I love Fruits Basket things. I haven't made anything yet, but I'm planning on it.  

Shatsui

Elders

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:11 pm
Cute! I love Fruits Basket, too. Saw the anime before I started reading, though. Animal figures sounds like an awesome idea! XD I've never tried, but I've considered doing something like Shigure's little painted zodiac paperweights. Although, I don't think I'd ever use them... Maybe some little keychain-sized figures would be more fun..  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:15 pm
The only FB thing I made was an itty bitty Ayame snake. And it's like.. an inch tall. XD I've made Onigiri buttons though? >.>

My Yuki rat's tail died. Haven't fixed it yet.  

Bishiglomper

Shameless Hoarder

22,750 Points
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • I Voted! 25

ate_gulai

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:27 pm
ooh fruits basket!!

its cute ^^  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:33 pm
I want to make the little Chinese zodiac figures Tohru makes someday. I think they would be so cute made out of felt or yarn.

"sigh" I really need to get cracking at figuring out how to knit arugumi or bite the bullet and learn to crochet  

E.Beth

Apocalyptic Codger

19,050 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Sculpted - art + craft guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items