Welcome to Gaia! ::

A Home Away

Back to Guilds

Our guild is a quirky and sometimes incoherent critique and discussion group for writers looking to get some feedback on their work. 

Tags: writing, critique, discussion, literate, authors 

Reply something peaceful.
post your writing Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

i am the walrus...
  kookookachoo!
View Results

Rad Disease
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:40 am
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:28 am
;o;

PandaEnlightenment
Captain

Rad Disease
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:33 pm
BWAHAHAHAHA! >:]
Hammi says "Duck".  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:06 pm
On a moonless night, a kunoichi named Nagake Yochi was guarding the front gates as she usually did. She was a Jounin, and a damn good one. Yochi was a rather independent being. Too dominating for any man. Strong willed, spoke her mind, and very outgoing. Though sometimes she could be the crabbiest Kunoichi..! Which often made others feel intimidated by her. Also because she was a psychic and a fortune teller people spread terrible rumors about her. Though Yochi being as free spirited as she was, didn't care. There was no time to let such words bother you! Besides, Sticks n' Stones! She never cared what other people had to say about her. Most people admired her for that, others just hated her guts.

This night hadn't been any different from any other one. Although.... Patrolling the front gates of Konoha with her hands tucked in her pockets Yochi's ears perked up when she heard some rather fierce cries. "Eh..?" The woman blinked while stopping in the midst of her tracks. Straining her hearing, she followed the echoing hollers. After a moment of scanning the area intently Yochi looked towards the gates (which she stood approximately thirty yards away from). Another whine had seemingly come out of no where, causing the Jounin to jump slightly. Obviously a bit startled, Yochi looked over to her right where the gate had been. (She was inside the gates..) With that sudden glance, Yochi's life changed.. Forever.

The kunoichi discovered right outside the village of Konoha, a baby wrapped in a mere blanket. Naturally Yochi ran over to the infant. Though stopped when she had made it over to the things side. She glanced around the area cautiously in assurance that this was no trap. Yochi indeed was as sharp as a needle. It was mere instinct that made her scan her surroundings before picking up this... Thing. No one was in sight. Nor could she sense anyone. The woman was absolutely puzzled at this. "How is that--" Her thoughts were interrupted with another yelp of the child that laid at her feet. Her heart had nearly skipped a beat as she jumped, a bit frightened by the almost bone chilling scream. (It wasn't bone-chilling..) "Okay okay! Hush Baby-Thing.. Hush.. SHUT UP!" The woman pranced around frantically. Then lights from within the village flickered on, complaints could be heard. Yochi herself let out a yelp.

She had no idea what to do.. She had only just turned twenty-four and didn't even like kids! Let alone BABIES! Yochi collected the infant in her arms and did what she saw on T.V once; rocked the child. And thank God almighty, the baby shut up! She let out a sigh of relief while patting the child's back in a softly, yet unsure manner. "W-Wogata..." Mumbled Yochi under her breath. She gently lowered the baby down from her shoulder which she had the baby up against, lowering her to her upper torso. "Now.. Where did you come from?" She thought while looking for clues. The woman who had found her, noticed that the child had a striking resemblance to her. . . . But love at first sight! She was adorable! Cut chubby cheeks, and the lips of an angel, and the hair of a model! Well, not yet.. It was going to be! KAWAIII!!! Though when she Then it was made obvious that the infant was from the Star Village. The plain indication being on her forehead; a small, purple star. After staring at the strange tattoo for a minute, it began glowing. It lit the darkness, and was almost blinding! After the light faded Yochi blinked, and saw that a headband had fallen from the blanket. From HoshiGakure.. How very strange. Then Yochi noticed a little silver necklace around the kids neck. It read, "Seikou".

About eleven minutes later . . .

Yochi took the child to the Hokage's office, at a loss on anything else she could possibly do. The leader of the leaf village and the Jounin argued back and forth about taking the baby to an orphanage after investigating her. Yochi refused violently, begging for permission to care for the child until they could confirm where this baby was from. Yochi won the battle. In agreement that she would hand over the child to their parents if the Hokage so happens to find them, at any time.

Two years passed. . . Yochi continued to call the child Seikou, and her parents were no where to be found. It both saddened and relieved Yochi. She was relieved because Seikou had become the adopted love of her life. Yes, she had become that attached to this child. And although Yochi was playing the part of Mommy, she hadn't given up her job as a ninja. She juggled two very important things of her life around. But eventually, she dropped the one she was born and raised to do.. Being a protector of the Leaf Village. Her father chastised her for it. He, being the one who trained his daughter to get to the high rank of a Jounin, had every right to do so. It wasn't that her Father hated Seikou, it was just he couldn't quite understand why she gave up her position.

Several years flew by. Yochi had aged mentally, but not so much physically. She never did quite look her age. Seikou on the other hand, turned eight years old! And had a personality like no other. She was independent, as stubborn as a mule, bright and very strong willed. But.. She also remained quite and reserved. Pretty mature for an eight year old!!
The two had become close. Very close. They did everything together. They shopped, they talked, and even trained together. Yochi noticed that Seikou was rather perceptive when she taught her a few martial arts moves. She even advanced Seikou into learning some jutsu! That was extremely uncanny for someone so young.. So how was it Yochi's little girl was able to do such things? In fact, she was still curious to how Seikou had even ended up in this village!

Now was the time to find out!

Since Yochi was a psychic perhaps she could peer into Seikou's memories? Or maybe the star in her forehead... Hmm......
About an hour and a half after Seikou had gone off to bed, Yochi snook into her room. She sat herself on the edge of her daughters bed, examining Seikou's features. Her face was absolutely serene when she slept.. God how Yochi thought Seikou was drop dead gorgeous. Slowly, Yochi reached her hand over to the star on Seikou's forehead, gently placing three fingertips on it, closing her eyes as if concentrating.

. . . Nothing. Why was that?! Yochi's eyes opened in a frustrated manner. This was a breeze for her to do on anyone. But why not Seikou? She questioned this constantly. Over and over. It haunted every part of her mind endlessly!

About another decade passed. Yochi was now forty-two, Seikou Seventeen. Now the two were confused with one another. They practically looked like twins.. And they weren't at all related. Though Yochi always bluffed and said that she had given birth to Seikou. Seikou still had that quiet, and reserved personality of hers, but still was a lot like her Mother. Sometimes the two were extremely different. You'd swear that they weren't Mother and Daughter at all! By this time Seikou was a Chuunin, and that star tattoo faded. She was a very phenomenal Chuunin. She had abilities that no one had ever seen before. Things that Yochi hadn't taught her. Which often confused the woman. How was it she knew such techniques?

Later on that very year, a group of people entered the leaf village. All of them from HoshiGakure.. When Yochi saw this she knew this was no coincidence. No coincidence at all.. These people had come here for Seikou. Yochi hid her daughter from them for almost four months. But on the last day of the fourth month.... Yochi was cooking that morning for Seikou. She needed to have her breakfast, right? Seikou's favorite; a boiled egg and a huge, seasoned bowl of spicy spinach.True it was a strange.. But healthy! Seikou was still in bed at the time. Which was a bit different considering it was mid morning. Apparently the mission she was given yesterday tuckered her out. Yochi couldn't blame her! Seikou always got up at the crack of dawn. She must have felt over worked.

After stirring the spinach in the pot a few times Yochi put a top on it and placed the spoon down. She then ran the faucet and rinsed her hands off, turned it off, snagged a towel and dried her hands. After that she tossed the towel off to the side and turned around slowly, aware of their being an unknown presence in the room. She shot around, a kunai slipping down her long sleeve, gripped it, and collided with yet, the same weapon. A clang emitted from the two pieces of metal. Her eyes meet with a man who's face was masked. A ninja. His headband. . HoshiGakure. "What do you want with my daughter . . ?" She asked rather furiously. True, she was no longer a Jounin.. But she still had some of the ninja adrenaline left in her! The man glared at Yochi angrily before letting out a chuckle. "She's not your child..! Don't even address her as YOUR daughter!" He hissed.

Meanwhile..

Seikou's eyes fluttered open to the smell of her favorite meal being cooked. She inhaled deeply as the aroma played with her sense of smell tauntingly. Slowly she sat herself up and stretched her arms skyward. A long, morning yawn emitted from her lips before she tossed her covers off of her and stood. She wore a white tank top and short black shorts. Not really nightwear.. But that was all she could muster lat night. She was so exhausted after running errands for the Hokage. Seikou ran a hand through her hair, pushing it back and out of her face before sighing a bit. That should make do for a brush for now..! "Okaa-San! Smells good, I'mma comin'.." She spoke in that low, cracky morning voice whenever you woke up in the morning. As far as she was concerned, she hadn't gotten enough sleep. According to the clock in her bedroom anyway. Six hours... Not nearly enough! But what the hell? No use complaining about it now. Seikou had heard a few suspicious clanging sounds. And they didn't exactly sound like cooking utensils..! Nor did her Mother respond. Seikou immediately grabbed some shuriken that sat conveniently on her dresser, and slowly approached the door of her bedroom, and slammed it open.

. . . . . . . Her eyes widened at what she saw.

A man stood in the room, over her Mother who was lying on the floor. . A pool of blood beneath her. Her pupils shrank significantly at the scene. After a mere moment of taking in this ever so painful scene, the man turned to face the distraught teen. "Ah.. Hoshi-Hime we have been searching for you for ---" Seikou threw the four shuriken at the man, to the point where they were now only seen on his body. She had tossed it at him with such speed it could not be seen! One struck an artery in his left leg, one right in his gut, and two were pinned to both of his shoulder. He winced, yelping slightly in pain. Immediately after that she charged for the man, taking him by his shirt and slamming him into a wall. A rice paper wall, that is... The man was practically thrown outside, landing on his back. Seikou leaped off of the wooden platform, seating herself furiously on top of the man now with a kunai to his neck. She was way passed fury.. Seikou was enraged! Her eyes almost looked demonic as they pierced through the man who had killed the only one Seikou trusted. The only one she loved.. The only one she lived for! "You b*****d...! Why did you kill her?! WHAT THE HELL DID SHE DO TO YOU?!" Her voice became louder, to the point where she was shouting. If her voice were a sword it'd be stabbing this man a million times. Over and over. .

Seikou's rage was absolutely indescribable. The loath she felt for this man was beyond great. The man from HoshiGakure struggled to speak. Considering Seikou was holding the collar his shirt so tightly to the point where he could barely breathe, let alone speak.
"S-Sei--kou-Sama. We've co-me to take..-- You home!" The man spoke in between his gasps in desperate attempts to get air into his lungs. Seikou's eyes widened even more. With her free hand she clenched a fist and slammed it down against the mans face violently. Then she arched the man furiously by pulling him up by his shirt. "How is it you know my name..?! What the HELL do you mean by HOME?! I AM HOME!" She hissed at the man who's life was hanging desperately by a mere thread. His head hung back almost lifelessly. He hadn't responded. (He couldn't possibly respond with the way Seikou had his hands on him. .) Seikou gritted her teeth furiously as a growl emitted from behind them. Once again she reeled back a tight fist. Her fist was so tightly clenched that her knuckles turned white. It was as if you could only see her bone poking from beneath her flesh.

"You mean she hadn't told you..?" Came a voice from the far left of her. Seikou halted her punch mid way when she heard someone else speaking. Her head shot towards that direction to see another a man dressed in a shinobi outfit, with long hair and a sword mounted on his back. His arms were folded across his chest in the most arrogant of manners as he stared down upon Seikou. There a few men behind him. All of them being Ninja. And all wore the same headband. HoshiGakure.

Seikou released the man practically dying of lack of oxygen and stood. The mans head hit the ground roughly as he gasped for his long awaited air. He coughed violently while turning over on his side, holding his neck. That man was in so much pain. Especially with the four shuriken planted into his body..

"What do you mean?" Seikou resorted in an icy tone. All in all, she really didn't want to be ******** with right now. "Well Seikou-Sama," He started, placing a hand on one of his slender hips and waving his other around elegantly while pacing over around the Chuunin slowly. "You see, you were kidnapped from HoshiGakure and we've spent oh so long searching for you~" He continued. "And the one who kidnapped you was that woman, right over there." He said, waving his open hand over at Seikou's mother. Seikou refused to look back at her Mothers corpse. ... She simply couldn't do it. The man stopped, his sly smirk becoming rather sinister smile. He had taken noticed to her not looking back at her dead Mommy. "Oh..~ So you thought she was your Mo-" "She is my Mother." Seikou immediately interrupted the man. U/C

I obviously based this Bio of mine off of Naruto. Still~! I thought it was pretty good. Even so I need to finish it. x.x;;

B u s h i d o - Y O R U

Rad Disease
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:26 am
Well I don't know much about naruto cause I think their just a buncha people who WISH they were ninjas. But the stories good from what I can tell. o:  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:45 am
naruto isn't that bad, well, when its subbed, though i stopped watching it. o:
very nice, though, bushido! c:

PandaEnlightenment
Captain

Rad Disease
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:47 am
Yes. Very nice. -w-  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:29 pm
I try to look for you
But you only hide

I try to reach for you
But you only shove me away

I try to make u happy
But you remain silent....

User Image

a heads up,most of my writings are sad,but i love them ^^  

dreaming-writer

7,450 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150

PandaEnlightenment
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:32 pm
Don't worry. Sad is fine. C":

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:27 pm
hahaha thank you ^^
ummm here's another one

its cold here.
every step i take towards you brings pain
i have the scars of what 've been through already and i'll carry those forever

but......i don't want to give up
because i know that that same you is still there waiting for me
but why are you making me feel so cold now?

ppl whisper to me or call to me saying that its pointless useless...
that you are a diffrent person now...
sometimes i believe its true
but then i remember of when we 1st met ^^
i can remember........
am i the only one who can?

User Image  

dreaming-writer

7,450 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150

PandaEnlightenment