Reply Other Genres
Ellen Hopikins

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Aurora Tate

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:56 am
I just started to read the book by Ellen Hopkins, Crank, Glass, Burned and Impulse. So far I've read Crank and Burned, but I'm working on Glass right now (I'm about halfway through it now), and I'm going to read Impulse next (after I do my AP English reading assignment).

So can someone tell me, is Impulse the sequel to Burned? Does it tell you what the main girl in Burned does after Burned ended?  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:23 pm
What does she write about?  

irock708

Aurora Tate

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:39 pm
Well, Crank and Glass are about a girl, Kristina and her trip with "The Monster". If you don't know the street names Crank and Glass stand for, it's cocain/crack. Crank is in powder form and Glass is in rock form (your smoke your shoot it) It's based off her daughter's own experience with "The Monster". It's a good read biggrin  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:46 am
I see... So it's about a drug-addicted teen? Haha, that should be funny. I'll look it up if I remember.  

irock708

Aurora Tate

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:57 am
irock708
I see... So it's about a drug-addicted teen? Haha, that should be funny. I'll look it up if I remember.

It is, but the author is using it to show people what drugs like crank can do to your life. She based it on a real life experience she had when her daughter was addicted to crank. Some people say Crank made them want to try it, but once you read Glass, you really see the damage it does not just to your body, but to your life and your family.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:10 pm
I see. Well, that one doesn't seem to be a really big priority on me... since I already know what drugs can do to your life. Lol.  

irock708

Aurora Tate

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:45 pm
Unless you've done Crank yourself, you have no idea how it makes you feel or how you see life. This can change that view compleatly.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:44 pm
Hm, I see. Well, I'll keep it in my head. Unless I forget. Lol.  

irock708

penandpaper67
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:19 am
I've heard a lot about these books! I almost got one at the library once, but I already had about ten books... My friend read one in about two hours. It was crazy!  
Other Genres

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games