Reply Readers' and Writers' Guild
Reading burnout? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xAngelxKissedx

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:13 am
Sometimes. It's weird with me. I read and read and read, then I can't read anymore so I put my book up for an hour, then I start reading it again.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:24 pm
Eh sometimes. But it usually just happens when I read for a long time because I'm anxious to finish a story and can't put it down until I'm done. After which I take a little breather then the next day head right back into my books.  

Lynnden_472

dragongirl187

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:27 pm
I've barely read at all these past two months. I just haven't been interested in reading lately, which is sad. I can normally do two/three books a week, but I think I've only read two/three books in the past eight weeks. I've only read one book at home in the past two months - The Summoning by Kelley Armstrong. I'm reading a book right now... but I only read it at school since I can't get into it at home (when there are other things I could do).

And don't even get me started on the last time I sat down to write my novel... *shudders*

Normally, maybe I'll get tired of sitting and reading a book, so I'll take a break until that night or the next day. I NEVER have periods where I don't feel like reading for months! cry  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:23 pm
I get that a lot, but it doesn't usually last this long. I just haven't been reading much since school started, months ago. I pick something up and just can't seem to start it, and when I do I don't finish it, even if it's a long awaited sequel. All I've been able to read lately are manga and fanfictions, and I'm nearly out of both. There have only been a few books I've been able to read through, and I'm happy to say I'm on my third book for the weekend, and I'm actually going to be finishing it. Yay for Jane Austen, who would have thought I'd be able to get back into books (even if only temorarily) because of 'Pride and Prejudice'? Other than the two I just finished, I can't remember the last book I read through to the end, and the only one I can think of was months ago. I normally read at least 2-3 books a week, and only that few if they're long.  

A-Demonic-Vampiress

penandpaper67
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:09 pm
I've kind of been having one lately. I've been reading this one book FOREVER, but I've read other books while continuing that one. It's just extremely lengthy and I've been really busy the past couple of months.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:53 pm
I can read again! kind of. I actually found a really good book, 'The Twelve Kingdoms: Sea of Shadows', in my school's library about two minutes before I had to catch the bus on the last day before spring break. So I start it, and it's really good, and by Fuyumi Ono, who wrote the storyline the manga Ghost Hunt was based off of. I spent as much time as I could reading, because I hate having to stop in the middle, and I'm done by Saturday night. The only other books I'm really in the mood to read my friends have because I'm stupid and make them read my books right before I want to read them myself. Now I have to finish out spring break with nothing to read. Sigh.  

A-Demonic-Vampiress

olive17

5,650 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:50 pm
I think I went through a bit of a slump like that recently. Well, I was reading manga actually, so not really, but I hadn't just sat and read straight through a book for a while. But we started reading Brave New World in English, and the substitute was so obnoxious and kept going off on unrelated tangents so often that I was able to read well ahead of the class. And then I finished the book that evening. And then I realized I had homework to do. xD

But it felt quite nice to read straight through a book. I hadn't done it in a while, and while I had been staying up late reading manga (I read the entire Detective Conan manga in two weeks, and I had school both weeks x_x) , I hadn't been up in the middle of the night with a good book that recently. Which I kind of missed. :3

What happens more recently is that I get a book in the middle of the day and realize that if I start reading, I won't be able to put it down, and will be up way too late reading. So sometimes I'll get a book and won't really start reading it until the next day.

But I'm still kind of a sporadic reader. I keep up regularly with a few manga series on the internet, but with books, I read them kind of on a whim, after not having read anything much for a few weeks. Or I'll totally ignore one month's Atlantic (my dad has a subscription) and the next month, I'll find myself really interested in several articles.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:11 pm
My stack of books to read keeps getting bigger and bigger. I haven't read much lately since I haven't had time or felt the need, but I think I've finally got back into reading since I'm almost done with Fountainhead by Ayn Rand - I'm reading it so I can write an essay for a contest. The book is actually fascinating and it's hard to put it down, so I'm thinking that will inspire me to keep reading after I'm finally done with it.  

dragongirl187

Super Bunnie Chan

1,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:40 pm
Yes im in the funk now im in the middle of a book but im in a mood were i could not read another page just cant get into it but i was really into it but cant just cant seem to pick it back up im almost to the end

lol i guess im just trying to prolong it cause i dont want it to end or im worried the ending wont be any good  
Readers' and Writers' Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff