Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Republican Guild of Gaia [A Big Tent Republican Guild]

Back to Guilds

A Political-Debate Guild Aimed at Republican Users. 

Tags: republican, conservative, debate, politics, moderate 

Reply The Republican Guild of Gaia
Why we need a Death Penalty Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you support the Death Penalty?
  Yes
  No
  Haven't gaven it much thought
View Results

Lord Bitememan
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:27 pm
Quote:
"evolving standards of decency"

As Kennedy sees it as time goes on child rape grows more acceptable by social standards. I think we need some manner of fixed term in office for Supreme Court justices.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:23 pm
I do believe returning the system of a public hanging and making prisons harder to live in would help fix most of the problem and provide the deterence that is necessary. Public Executions would give the public enough trauma to keep them out of the life of crime.  

Garrett31212

Lord Bitememan
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:05 pm
Tougher jails, absolutely. I'm tired of prisoners getting it so cush. Most american jails and prisons ought to be run like Joe Arpaio's in Mariacopa county. I won't retread the public executions argument, I don't see us getting anywhere on that.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:44 am
The fact that our Supreme Justices would condone child rape seriously disgusts me. The fact that our fellow Americans would stand aside and simply look away ... What if it was one of their grandchildren? Their niece? A sister? How can we as Americans allow this to happen? Ugh. This world is seriously going to be a hellish place in the next years.  

Currahee_Fighter

James628

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:16 am
Lord Bitememan
Tougher jails, absolutely. I'm tired of prisoners getting it so cush. Most american jails and prisons ought to be run like Joe Arpaio's in Mariacopa county. I won't retread the public executions argument, I don't see us getting anywhere on that.
for people being punished they are a bit to comfertable  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:26 pm
James628
Lord Bitememan

3nodding Yep... they don't have anything changed... the point of prisons is social isolation and social rehabilitation... instead they just get what every american has... but a smaller house xP  

The Hallowed Mouse

James628

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:44 pm
The Hallowed Mouse
James628
Lord Bitememan

3nodding Yep... they don't have anything changed... the point of prisons is social isolation and social rehabilitation... instead they just get what every american has... but a smaller house xP
prisons need to be back to the way they were befor horace mann thought the prisoners needed rights  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:48 am
I don't mean to sound like an extremist but I think each person in a prison for a felony, murder, rape, sexual offense (excluding statutory rape between an 18yr old and 16yr old,) should be placed in a cell with a bed, and a toilet, a little glimpse of sunlight, and they should be stuck in there until the time is up... no writing to family, no seeing them in person, they deserve to sit in that cell and rot away until there time is up. However I think they should put one track/field outside and they should be required to run at least a mile a week to maintain some kind of health... I also think they should still do "chain gangs" and do a bunch of community service to "pay" for their food that they eat...

Everyone would hate jail then... therefore there'd be less crime!

Sorry to sound extreme, but this is to further my opinion that life in jail w/o parole would be worse than the death penalty!  

The Hallowed Mouse

James628

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:31 am
The Hallowed Mouse
I don't mean to sound like an extremist but I think each person in a prison for a felony, murder, rape, sexual offense (excluding statutory rape between an 18yr old and 16yr old,) should be placed in a cell with a bed, and a toilet, a little glimpse of sunlight, and they should be stuck in there until the time is up... no writing to family, no seeing them in person, they deserve to sit in that cell and rot away until there time is up. However I think they should put one track/field outside and they should be required to run at least a mile a week to maintain some kind of health... I also think they should still do "chain gangs" and do a bunch of community service to "pay" for their food that they eat...

Sorry to sound extreme, but this is to further my opinion that life in jail w/o parole would be worse than the death penalty!
i dont agree with the fact they can make make money while there in there, prisons should be more like tent city in arizona where all the men have to wear pink, live in tent outside in the southern arizona dessert, and work in chain gangs  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:52 pm
James628
The Hallowed Mouse

i dont agree with the fact they can make make money while there in there, prisons should be more like tent city in arizona where all the men have to wear pink, live in tent outside in the southern arizona dessert, and work in chain gangs

lol...  

The Hallowed Mouse

The Republican Guild of Gaia

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas