Welcome to Gaia! ::

HighTail Cafe (Furry Guild)

Back to Guilds

HTC is your one stop for all things furry on Gaia! 

Tags: furry, anthro, anthropomorphic, LGBT, roleplay 

Reply Serious discussion & Rants
1st get....

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

coveredinmangoo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:07 pm
[rant]
Knowledge is almost always wasted on those who are not willing or able to listen or comprehend. Most people are only concerned on what they want to think or believe and instead of keeping their own ignorance to themselves they seek to spread their unreasonable and irationable hate. They gain high power and force those who would appose them to conform to their rules. When people who speak of open mindedness are in a box themselves they seldom make good decisions or ideas.

This is mainly directed to religion, I have no problem with the thought of religion (I mean doing whats right and in turn getting to go to some perfect place would be sweet) but when people who take religion and use it as a weapon to fulfill their own selfish wars just pisses me off.

Being religious gives you no reason to be ignorant and intolerant, I have read the bible have you? Cause in there it specifically says that God gives you the right to believe in him/her or not AND it says to belittle a man/woman on his beliefs and ideals is a sin. Gay marriage is a sin, but waging a crusade on it is too....Religion is supposed to be love not hate, where did it all go wrong? Discriminating against and hating someone or a group of people won't earn you a place in heaven....so why?

I am agnostic, reason for not picking a religion is because I either don't want to be corrupted, or have to change who I am. I have read the bible and the satanic bible (surprise surprise its all about hedonism not about worshiping Satan and sacrificing things n s**t....wonder who made people think that scream ) I allow my thoughts to be pure without filters and my thoughts to be aswell.....please listen to wisdom not others claiming to have it in order to deceive.... /[rant]  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:18 am
I agree with you to an extent.I'm actually quite religious,but I do believe in tolerance.I'm a Christian and I do believe that many things are a sin,like homosexuality as you said,but I do not discriminate against people that are gay.I even have a few friends that are.I believe people are welcome to thier opinion,even if I believe what they do to be wrong.And yes,the true meaning of the Bible is love and compassion,but I see so many fellow Christians that target gays or people of other religions so agressively,which is also against all that the Bible really stands for.Just know that not all of us are bad and some agree with you a bit 3nodding  

Dark_Dragon_Bagera

Leocara

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:35 pm
Did you know that Satan is the Churches best friend? It's because he kept them in business so long!  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:14 pm
I agree with you. People can believe whatever they want to. It's not like anyone know FOR SURE that their religion is true. For all we know we could all be going to some voodoo priest hell, where all they play is the barney theme song with a polka/voodoo remix feel to it over and over while you're forced to do a series of physical and mental/emotional tasks that put so much pressure on you that you could implode and then come back to life 400 years from now as a zombie to roam the earth for the rest of eternity feeding on people's flesh! So let other people believe what they will, it's none of your concern. What's the point of changing other people's minds about things you're not even sure about yourself? No point in fighting...  

Kyle C Fox

Kyle C Fox

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:17 pm
and I believe Satan is god's little helper whee they just make up bad stories about him so they can have a bad example. Cuz you don't really want to be like satan, but he will challenge you and help you learn! He throws all kinds of grief your way, you just have to learn from it all! Satan's my buddy blaugh he helps me learn things xd  
Serious discussion & Rants

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games